After updating my S7 to oreo, I can't lower the volume of my bluetooth headphones (JBL E45BT) (even the lowest volume possible is still way too loud). Before the update everything was just working fine. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Do your headphones still work Ok on another phone ?
As a process of elimination can you try another set of headphones with your phone.
Current Phone ~
Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+
Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.
I had the same issue connecting my JBL (E50BT) to my S7 edge (SM-G935F) right after the Oreo update. I unpaired the JBL and paired it again and everything works just fine for me.
Having the same problem. I used to be able to adjust the volume of the headphones or blietooth speaker independently to the volume of the phone, but since the update there's just one volume level, and the lowest setting is way too loud for when I want to sleep.
Have tried unpairing and re-pairing. Does not work.
I have this problem too! I think it's because they have introduced the soundalive equaliser feature.
I solved it on mine in:
Settings >> Sounds and Vibration >> Sound Quality and Effects >> Equaliser
I then set all the equaliser settings to -6dB and the headphones became bearable!
Hope it works for you 😃
I downloaded the Samsung Sound Assistant App which allows you to adjust various sound setting differently for different apps. Quite handy, and has fixed my issue
Mine was doing the same, as soon as I updated, I couldn't even listen to my bt headphones on the lowest setting without killing my ears! I followed your steps and I am now able to listen at a perfect level! Thanks for sharing!!
To be able to adjust Bluetooth volume independently, you need to perform the following steps.
1. Go to settings --> About --> Software --> built. Click on it until you are told to swipe your pattern. This will enable Developer mode.
2. Go back to settings main page, you should now see Developer
3. Disable your bluetooth radio.
4. Enter developer menu, scroll to Bluetooth absolute volume and enable it.
5. Exit Developer mode. You are done. The volume should be independent now.
6. To disable developer mode, go to Apps--> Settings--> Storage-->clear data. You have not turned off developer mode.