Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bluetooth decice symbols

(Topic created on: 23-11-2018 08:23 PM)
bluesmartie
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi... I've hunted high and low for an answer and can't even get close. Can someone please tell me what the icons next to the available Bluetooth devices stand for? Some, I can work out, like headphones, but others I just don't get. There's circles, squares, some have 4 little icons in. There's nothing to tell u what they stand for, anywhere. Does someone have a the key?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
@bluesmartie: What is the model number of your device? Typically the device's model number or name will show up in the Available Devices list therefore I would recommend making a note of the connecting device's details in the meantime to avoid confusion.
0 Likes
bluesmartie
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have a galaxy S7. That's not really the issue I'm having. I just want to know what the devices are, that are around me, say at work, etc... Is there not a key somewhere. I've checked the instructions, but there's nothing, to say what the different symbols are.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
There isn't an available key, unfortunately. If you check the link below you will see examples of the laptop and smartphone symbols, however I'm not familiar with the symbol for things like speakers or car stereos. Would you be able to post a screen shot of the symbols you are having trouble identifying and I can look into this for you.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-tab-a-how-do-i-use-the-bluetooth-feature-on...
0 Likes
bluesmartie
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for the reply, and info. It's mad they've created icons, but failed to supply a key. There's a lot about the whole thing I don't know,  tbh. Today when I was connecting to my headphones, I noticed some of the devices were just numbers/addresses, etc... I'll post first chance I get.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
Caramie
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I had the same question. Here is a screenshot of my available devices. I'm trying to figure out what the first two icons mean: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jhFyWfm79tsaK9JS8 

0 Likes