Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black dip in screen

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 03:16 AM)
Hanzala
First Poster
Options

I've had this Samsung note 8 for a while now and theres always been this annoying black dip on the side of the screen and I can not figure out what it is. Even when searching on the internet and settings but I cant get rid of it even when i touch it nothing happens. It doesn't show any notifications or anything else like the apps edge feature and it's very annoying when I'm trying to  watch something and it's just blocking some of the screen. Anyone have any idea of what this could be?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Could you take a photo of your phone's display and upload that into your thread here so we can also see what's going on @Hanzala  

Also try > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme causing the conflict.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
What happens if you long hold the black area? It's possibly a broken widget from a mobile security program or other installed app. Long holding should allow you to remove it if that is the case.
0 Likes