Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bizarre camera issue on Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 03-04-2020 07:26 PM)
Twinningses
Student
Options

I've been using my Galaxy S8 for over two years now without issue.

About two weeks ago I noticed odd streaks on all my photos. I have this strange pattern that's in every single photo (taken here with white background to exaggerate). The external lens is completely clean... Maybe moisture on the inside? Have tried drying the phone in rice, but the phone has never been submerged in water, etc so I don't know wherethe issue would have come fromSamsung S8 image problem.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Twinningses: Thank you for checking that for me. If the problem was present during the Megacam hardware test then your S8 needs to be inspected by an engineer. Check out the link above where you can arrange a contactless collection service, although please be aware that if your phone is over 24 months old, or has suffered physical/liquid damage, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the inspection and any necessary repairs.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@Twinningses: That's strange. First of all I recommend giving the lens another clean, due to the circular nature of the pattern. If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select Megacam from the series of grey tiles and take a few pictures as you would normally, is the issue present in the resulting images? Similarly, if you select Red, Green and Blue from the tiles, is the issue present? If so the device needs to be inspected by an engineer, which you can arrange by checking the following link:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/pick-up-service/
0 Likes
Twinningses
Student
Options

Hi @AndrewL Thanks for the quick reply.

Yep gave the lens another clean, this time with my solution I use with my DSLR - no use, still the same pattern.

I just did the megacam trick and yes indeed the problem is still there.

However, when selecting Red, Green, Blue I don't see any issue (I take it this was a test of the display rather than the camera). If I transfer the image to my PC the issue in the photos is still present.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Twinningses: Thank you for checking that for me. If the problem was present during the Megacam hardware test then your S8 needs to be inspected by an engineer. Check out the link above where you can arrange a contactless collection service, although please be aware that if your phone is over 24 months old, or has suffered physical/liquid damage, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the inspection and any necessary repairs.