Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby

(Topic created on: 07/11/17 20:43)
Cushdy
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

So i waited long enough for bixby to arrive & basically bixby is cr**! What a waste of time waiting for the release of bixby as now its here its absolutely useless. I'm curious to know what other Galaxy s8 Owners think of Bixby as obviously it's not just mine that's rubbish. I found that Bixby works when it feels like as sometimes you can scream at the phone and it just won't respond. Voice activated Google on the s8 is far more reliable and I'd like to know what other Galaxy S8 users think?

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

Bixby is designed to continually learn from you by confirming when it’s done something right or highlighting when it hasn’t. You earn points to unlock other options etc. 

That said due to the recent Bixby update my choice has been to disable the Bixby Button and turn Off Bixby Voice. 

My current choice is to use Google Assistant on my Samsung Galaxy s8 as of right now it has the edge over Bixby. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Evie123
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi

I'm searching for someone who can tell me how the heck O can turn off Bixby Voice on my Note10+. I accidentally turned it on, the phone restarted but won't let me enter my password or use biometrics, though it repeats the letters I'm trying to input at me! So I can't even get into my phone 😵,

No characters appear in the password box, though sometimes dots appear when I try the delete button. Please someone help...don't make me have to call and SPEAK to someone😆

0 Likes
John49
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Bixby is a waste must agree

0 Likes
MartinC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
I agree. Completely useless. Ive disabled it and just use Google.
John49
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

How did you disable it please it’s so annoying 

0 Likes
MartinC
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I've just turned off Bixby button and Bixby voice. It's still there but dosent come on when i accidentally hit the button. From settings in tyop right of Bixby screen

0 Likes
rickh100
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Couldn't agree more....okay Google is so much better and so reliable
0 Likes