Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby weather F to C

(Topic created on: 27/01/20 08:55)
Markfroggatt
Options
Other Smartphones

Anyone know how to charge the weather results from F to C when asking Bixby the weather?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution
Skatrix
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

The best solution!

Just change Bixby language from English US to English UK and it changes all the metrics.

IMHO samsung have chosen a strange way to determine metrics preferences by language, but it doesn't seem they're going to change it

View solution in context

48 REPLIES 48
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

I do this by asking specifically for the weather in centigrade or Fahrenheit. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

Freewill
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

If you use quick commands...ei...in the morning I  say " Good Morning"

Bixby reads out the following

give me the weather in celcius. 

are there any weather alerts

read todays schedule. 

It works flawlessly

0 Likes
Pharsat
Options
Other Smartphones

It works! Samsung Galaxy S9+

0 Likes
Lotus45
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Centigrade was renamed to Celsius in 1948.

If you prefer modern SI metric units rather than middle ages imperial then it is a good idea to learn what those units are and how they are defined or derived.

0 Likes
RTMJ
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I doubt that you can change bixby to show centigrade temperatures. I have unsuccessfully tried everything that I can think of. The weather info comes from the weather channel. Bixby will pass you there and you can change your weather channel preferences to centigrade. But bixby ignores your choice and reverts back to Fahrenheit. 

GPSviews
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi,

I agree with your last statement and I can say the exaclty happens when using the smartwatch Gear S3 with S voice. I have on the phone setup everything possible to C, as well as at the smartphone, but as soon as I use S voice to request weather forcast, I get the results on F...

0 Likes
GPSviews
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Just updated to

Tizen 3.0.0.1

Software version  R760XXU2CQK3

Security Status  TZPF_SM-R760_3.0_0001

and nope, the bug is still there. Using weather though S-voice, only brings updates on imperial units and not the set units (metrics) on the watch neither the phone.

0 Likes
TheUrbanApologi
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm having the same problem except I live in the US and my temp is reading in Celsius.

matjmenard
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same issue. But with mmine, I want to change it from C to F. I am in the US. I too have tried to change weather channel settings but it does not update.  If anyone figures it out let me know. I am using the Galaxy note 8 international version.

ill3ni
Options
Other Smartphones

Now see if the Americans would only decide to stop being a thorn in the whole world's ***** and go to the metric system like every other modern day country has no one would have this issue, having to deal with Farenheit...so at least you know how the rest of us feel that it's a pain in the ass. Why not tell your president to modernize your scales of measurement to come with the times not build a wall that spans the Mexican border. 

0 Likes
The_Subrat
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

@ill3ni 

I think you have 't got out of the well, you are talking like frogs who has seen only the well. 

Common India is not US in one part of the country it has -56°c and at the same time in southern part We have 50°c tempreatemp. We are not the frogs in a single well who has seen only cold weather and nebe seen hot weather, in India We have majorly 6 weathers and each has very different feel than other our temperature doesn't fluctuate 4-5 degrees, here the difference is more then 20 so we use degree centigrade or celcius. But for the frogs it's Fahrenheit beacuse they don't have luck to taste all kind of weather in their entire life untill and unless they visit in another country. 

So degree celcius is for those country who sees all kind of weather provided by the nature. 

0 Likes
grmp
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

It makes bixby useless for me. The google assistant has no issues with using the metric system for weather or anything elseScreenshot_20190131-182159_Bixby Voice.jpg

So much for s

0 Likes
Vadio
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yeah it's strange someone has no issues but I have the same as you do. Even the Samsung engineer didn't help me when tried to do through the screen connection to my device.

After the recent update to Android Pie Samsung added new languages including the English UK with voices I dont really like but when you switch it to English UK the weatcher shows in metrics.

I would still prefer to select the the imperial or metric system manually in Bixby. 

0 Likes
The_Subrat
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
the bixby in note9 is dumb if i compare it with note8.
There are many things including voice accuracy which note8 bixby does better. Note9 bixby is dumb like hell. no option to change F-C
Edwin_Note9
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

That's terrible Samsung, you in force a dedicated bixby button to steer us away from google voice yet bixby is plagued with problems, I'm on the latest device you offer the Note 9 yet bixby has problems recognising my voice, I can't even set using C over F for bixby weather request and really funny the opposite problem exists in the US, please fix some of these simple problems and offer more voice training for bixby voice, google voice isn't perfect but much better better experience too use or honestly just let us map the bixby button too what ever app we want, I've spent a lot of money on my newest greatest high qaulity Note 9 I think we deserve bixby qaulity well all apps provided for the Note 9 to match this high quality 

Nikizza
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones
Just ask: whats the weather in Celsius and she will tell you
Neil84
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have tried that and instead of saying it is 14°c in my current location its saying its 65°c 

0 Likes
RTMJ
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Full marks to someone. Bixby now defaults to Centigrade for me, finally. Well done Samsung. 

Robbis1
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

How did you get it to show c by default? 

@RTMJ wrote:

Full marks to someone. Bixby now defaults to Centigrade for me, finally. Well done Samsung. 

0 Likes
RTMJ
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones
It happened automatically. I did nothing.