Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby not responding?

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 09:42 PM)
Seans39
Apprentice
Options
Hello all.
My Bixby isn,t responding at all to my voice commands?
Please help me?
6 REPLIES 6
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
Is your bixby settings up to date, sometimes when your phone updates bixby doesn't automatically update, it needs manual download through galaxy apps.
My problem is that it won't find certain names in my contacts, I'm gonna fully rest the phone and try again
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
you'll need to ensure bixby routines are turned on and that the app is up to date.

did this happen from one moment to the next, after a software update or did you just get the device?
0 Likes
Seans39
Apprentice
Options
l just bought my Samsung S8,it is refurbished.lt was working yesterday,today nothing? Maybe l should stay with "Ok Google"?Also, what is the benefit of Bixby as compared with the " Ok Google?
Thanks for responding.
0 Likes
Seans39
Apprentice
Options
Bixby was working yesterday,but not today?l don,t know where Bixby routines is,please tell me? l just purchased my Samsung S8 yesterday.lts refurbished in the "Excellent" category,l,m very pleased with it!
Thanks.
0 Likes
Seans39
Apprentice
Options
Oops,l meant "Bixby was working and stopped working today".My grammar slipped,sounds like my phone had stopped working?
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
hey again!

to be perfectly honest with you, unless you're connected to the whole eco system Ie smart TV, laptops, tablets etc from Samsung, "hey google/OK Google" is a superior choice for your personal assistant!

you can install Google Lens and have literally all of Bixbys options and more to hand.

bixby is getting better but siri and Google assistants have been around longer and it shows.

bixby does a few tweaks over Google as its designed for their own phones, natural language is slightly better recognised but also the more complex settings like "hey Google, set my display to FHD" wouldn't work but with bixby it would.

if you don't use that and are happy to do it manually, then Google is better overall as it most likely ties in with all your day to day use like emails, apps, phone basic control, etc.
0 Likes