Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby message pop up on lock screen

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 12:07 PM)
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

I’m hoping someone can help me out!  I keep getting a pop up when my screen is locked saying ‘bixby voice not yet set up, to use bixby voice unlock phone then press bixby key again to start setup’ but it does it by itself and appears like every 10 seconds (I wish that was an exaggeration) and is draining my battery!

Any ideas how to stop it? I tried to set it up then it changed to the bixby symbol and was listening to me every 10 seconds instead of the above message!

I feel like I’ve tried everything. It only does it when the screen is locked, apart from then, no issues.

Please help, driving me insane!!!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Haritha
First Poster
Options

step1: New versions have been removed

step2: Download this Bixby Voice 2.2.45.14 (old version)

0 Likes
Jimage
First Poster
Options

I was able to uninstall Bixby via the adb command on Linux with USB debugging enabled. Not sure what the equivalent process is in Windows or Mac but it should be something similar. Instructions for setting that up are easy enough to locate.

Firstly:

adb shell "pm list packages" | grep bixby

to list the installed bixby packages ('grep bixby' shows results containing bixby).

This brought up the following for my S9:

package:com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby
package:com.samsung.systemui.bixby2
package:com.samsung.android.bixby.service
package:com.samsung.android.bixby.agent
package:com.samsung.android.bixby.wakeup
package:com.samsung.android.bixby.agent.dummy

Then for each result:

adb shell "pm uninstall -k --user 0 [package name]"

i.e:

adb shell "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.samsung.android.app.settings.bixby"

0 Likes
SumChickieBum
First Poster
Options

What is this supposed to do? I downloaded it and it just takes me to a screen that says I have to update bixby

0 Likes
im_yash
Student
Options

h

0 Likes
im_yash
Student
Options

So i am using galaxy s8 and i have same problem .... and my battery is reduces very fast ..... any one found fix yet? 

0 Likes
Judy5
First Poster
Options

my brand new Galaxy A52s is locked, and I can't open it. my samsung password doesn't work. Help! I think it is something to do with Bixby, which I do not want!

0 Likes
Judy5
First Poster
Options

it says "unlock phone to access Bixby voice" I wasn't aware that I had it.

0 Likes