Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby message pop up on lock screen

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 07:14 PM)
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

I’m hoping someone can help me out!  I keep getting a pop up when my screen is locked saying ‘bixby voice not yet set up, to use bixby voice unlock phone then press bixby key again to start setup’ but it does it by itself and appears like every 10 seconds (I wish that was an exaggeration) and is draining my battery!

Any ideas how to stop it? I tried to set it up then it changed to the bixby symbol and was listening to me every 10 seconds instead of the above message!

I feel like I’ve tried everything. It only does it when the screen is locked, apart from then, no issues.

Please help, driving me insane!!!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

I thought you meant you actually found a fix after your original post then, got excited for you for a minute there :')

0 Likes
garc1
Apprentice
Options

after an hr on the phone to Samsung it looks like its a harware issue. bixby button is not working and its prob sticking and constantly trying to open bixby. if in warranty then it can be fixed for free but not for me as I have a small crack on my screen which voids the warranty!

0 Likes
Haritha
First Poster
Options

I have a same problem

0 Likes
Haritha
First Poster
Options

step1: New versions have been removed

step2: Download this Bixby Voice 2.2.45.14

smiling-face-with-sunglasses:  

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/bixby/bixby-2-3-02-0-release/bixby-voice-2-...

0 Likes
IzzN
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the exact same thing at the moment!! It started yesterday morning and has been driving me nuts ever since. The Samsung helpers on live chat couldn't even help me, did you ever find a solution??

0 Likes
IzzN
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to fix it? If so, what did you do? It's super irritating, I'm desperate!

0 Likes
Community9
First Poster
Options

So basically, you used to be able to just turn off bixby and this wasn't an issue. 

Then they patched that.   Then you were able to use third party button mappers to get rid of it, but they patched that too. 

The deal is, basically, Samsung is going to great lengths to force people to use services they don't want to use to collect data.    It's really too bad. 

After paying for software and trying to override bixby, exhausting the settings options, I gave up. 

I fixed it by prying out my entire volume assembly with a screwdriver.  This may have been stupid, and I totally might have missed an actual fix, but I spent weeks on this, and the only working solution I've found to fix bixby, is to physically smash it out of existence. 

My phone no longer is waterproof, and I no longer have volume controls, but the battery lasts more than a couple hours, so lesser of two evils I guess.  

Samsung has the best hardware at the best price point, and has consistently made the best phones on the market for a number of years, but ultimately, I can't recommend buying a Samsung product to anyone, because the bloat ware is so awful, invasive, and literally phone breaking in ways it has no reason or right to be. 

So sorry for the long, and ultimately probably unhelpful response, but I hope Samsung starts to backtrack on some of this.   My experiences on phones like a g5 which comes with clean, stock Android out of the box have been infinitely better, and a lot cheaper.    

Volume controls and no longer being able to have a button mapping for flashlight suck, but I can reseal the phone for waterproofing, and I do have a useable battery life.    So screaming at bixby while smashing out parts of your phone is a semi valid solution, and honestly, the only one I was able to find after a lot of work.  

Sorry, and good luck.    Not buying anything by Samsung again personally, at least until they quit with these business oriented practices to try to control and limit their end users.  Some real apple *****.  

0 Likes
IzzN
First Poster
Options

Oh dear, it was working so well during the four months I've had it. I actually switched to android to get away from apple but it seems as though I've gone for a brand that's just as bad!

Samsung help basically just told me to get it sent for repairs but I was wondering if it was an iPhone style money-grabbing thing.

So you didn't manage to get rid of Bixby without taking your phone apart? 😓 

0 Likes
Community9
First Poster
Options

No don't fret yet, you made a good choice.  Samsung has far better hardware than Apple at a lower price- the quality of the camera for example is pretty well unmatched.

The s8 actually let you opt out of bixby entirely and remap your button to something more useful when it launched, but they removed that in an update later 

It does look like they are going the Apple way a bit however. 

Try experimenting with Nova launcher and bx actions- these at least will let you customize your UI and buttons, and would be your best bet for fixing your issue (as well as having a much better and more personalized experience on your phone- something which I guarantee will delight you coming from Apple (since on Apple you are just stuck with what you get). 

But ya between bxactions and Nova, you might have some luck. 

I don't personally know what Samsung repair service is like, if you could have it fixed under warranty that's probably the way to go.   If you feel they are gouging you, you could go to a local independent repair shop- a button replacement like this is relatively easy and a decent repair shop shouldn't charge you much.   If I were to guess, maybe 30 bucks.  You could try doing it yourself too, the button on eBay is maybe 5-10 bucks??   

Anyway, that's all I can tell you.  Good luck! 

0 Likes
cwkelts
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem. Where did you find the fix? I have been fighting with this far to long.

0 Likes