Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby message pop up on lock screen

(Topic created on: 23-02-2020 03:56 PM)
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

I’m hoping someone can help me out!  I keep getting a pop up when my screen is locked saying ‘bixby voice not yet set up, to use bixby voice unlock phone then press bixby key again to start setup’ but it does it by itself and appears like every 10 seconds (I wish that was an exaggeration) and is draining my battery!

Any ideas how to stop it? I tried to set it up then it changed to the bixby symbol and was listening to me every 10 seconds instead of the above message!

I feel like I’ve tried everything. It only does it when the screen is locked, apart from then, no issues.

Please help, driving me insane!!!

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
AndrewL
Options
@Notaclue: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your device, and I will look into this for you.
0 Likes
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

Thank you!! It’s a Samsung s8 and Android version 9

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks @Notaclue. Can you post a screenshot of the error message you're seeing? 

0 Likes
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

20191110_210057.jpg

This is the message but I deleted the Bixby voice. When I actually set it up it changes from this to the letter b and listens instead so either way set up or not it wont stop constantly activating by itself

0 Likes
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

I even tried remapping the key to something other than Bixby but this message is still appearing even with the change 🤷‍♀️ I just dont understand what's going on. Bixby is determined to destroy me ha

0 Likes
Community9
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a solution to this?  

I'm having the same problem and it absolutely obliterates my battery.   So frustrating.   I'm on an s8 active and it's a wonderful phone, but filled with Samsung bloatware I can't get rid of.  

This bixby button problem literally leaves me with less than half a day of battery (even after I replaced the battery last week), and if I go through the setup for bixby voice it constantly triggers itself and listens to everything I say.  

I have turned off every bixby setting imaginable, I have used paid third party software to remap the button to do nothing under any circumstance, but I cannot for the life of me get rid of these lockscreen notifications/bixby constantly turning itself on and listening to me.   Besides being creepy as hell, incredibly frustrating to not be able to opt out of or turn off completely, it leaves me with a battery that doesn't even last me the day.  

Praying you found a solution where I haven't been able to so far, cheers. 

0 Likes
Notaclue
First Poster
Options

Hey,

I honestly feel your pain!!! That's exactly what mine was doing.  I got my screen replaced at the same time it started happening.  It must have been something to do with the new screen (the side where the buttons are, are actually all attached to each screen).  I managed to get my original one back and has been fine again ever since thank god.  Have you had any replacements or anything? 

0 Likes
garc1
Apprentice
Options

Hello. Has anybody found 3 fix for this. I have done everything  possible but cant clear this dam notification.  I need my phone for work and I'll have to dump it if I cant get a fix. Exact same issues as above. I swear this will be  my last Samsung

0 Likes
garc1
Apprentice
Options

"Found a fix"