Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beer on Charger USB

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 02:06 AM)
Aqueen1111
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

One of my friends spilled beer on the usb port of my Samsung galaxy note 8 phone (the one to charge the phone) and with my brother we tried to shake it to get it going and we also dried it with a hair dryer but nothing fixed, could someone help me to solve this problem?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JessS27
Apprentice
Options

Sometimes the water sensor in the port can be quite sensitive so it will take quite a while for it to dry out and charge again without coming up with the warning. In the mean time I would purchase a wireless charging pad, can get them pretty cheap on amazon. Can always use the pad as backup if it ever happens again.  Also maybe put it in rice over night and see if that helps.

0 Likes
GazC
First Poster
Options
Clean the USB port with electrical contact cleaner or Isopropyl alcohol.

Since beer drys sticky it could have coated the USB contacts or could be causing the sensor to think it's wet.
AndrewL
Options

@Aqueen1111: Following the incident, are you now unable to charge the phone? If so, do you have access to another charger to see if the issue persists? If the spillage occurred recently, please allow 24-48 hours for the phone to dry out, and you may find that the issue resolves itself. If not, head to the Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this return any errors? 

0 Likes
IamJai
Helping Hand
Options
Put it in rice,?
0 Likes