Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE AWARE OF THE ( ANDROID 12 )

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 09:42 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
According to what I have read about the next version , Android 12.
It will allow you to download apps automatically from unknown or untreated sources, which does not bear thinking about.
Why allow that function without a pop up warning to tell you the potential risks. 
Just like the Samsung phones have in place now as a warning when downloading from untrusted sources.

Is Samsung sure that Knox security is strong enough ?

Any thoughts ?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
will this materialise though? I don't think it will in the end, my thoughts are just stick to apps that you know and need. I would be very surprised if this happens by the time android 12 comes out
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
if a child has ANDROID 12 and they decide to download an app that you and me would never download from an untrusted source, God knows what it can worm its way in through your information on your phone.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that is a very true and good point, however do you really think samsung would allow what you have read to happen, imagine the amount of people that would flea to iphone if this happened it would literally be a disaster, I always stick to things I know but yes kids will do whatever they want which is why hopefully what you have read won't happen android 12 is a while of yet, android is already behind ios with safety so I think if this happened it have horrendous consequences to Google & samsung,
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Yes, I for one would flee to iPhone
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's what I mean, I fell out with iphone and at this moment in time have a major dislike to them but even I would flea to iphone if this happened!
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
from what heard of android 12 a lot of it seems be security risk and not very good.

thanks for warning about this probably somewhere in settings can turn it if, and surprised not a warning telling you from 3rd party before do or something.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
what have you heard other than what's mentioned above? getting slightly worried now as I don't want to have to go back to ios
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
just rumors at this time.
hopefully most stay that way.
0 Likes