Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

(Topic created on: 31-07-2021 09:27 AM)
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
Just wondering why samsung's M range of phones has better battery than their S21 range? 🤔
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I think the batteries are bigger. But yh Im confused too. Their A range of phones also has better battery life than some of their S21 range (some users find their phones have good battery life others not so much. My phone (I use Samsung A51 5g) is on 62% despite yesterday being a day of moderate/heavy use eith social media, playing games and streaming music (mostly on bluetooth) and I hear of some s21 users only getting like 3 hours sot using minimal usage apps and Im like really?! Very confusing.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Its because the A series phones have less powerful processors, meaning that they will obviously have better battery life than the more powerful processors. For example the Exynos 9611, found in the A51, will have much better battery life than the Exynos 990, found in the S20's and Note 20's.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Same, I have the S20 Plus and the Exynos 990 sucks. I would have imported a Snapdragon one but it won't work with 5G here in the UK, wouldn't be covered under warranty and won't work with Samsung Pay, from what I have heard.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The difference is under the hood and what apps we use and how we set up preferences within the phone.

A flagship has the features etc that a mid range phone may not have and as such can be more resource hungry.

This is where the importance of optimisation is in regards to the soc and any heat issues causing potential throttling.

@APARMAR 

I imported my N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon version from Hong Kong which came with a 12 month warranty applied by WondaMobile and I have my phone's covered under my Home Contents Insurance.

People have got 5G working on these phone's via various workarounds.

See some relevant posts on xdadevelopers.com.

I use Google Pay personally as I prefer this method but again I've come across posts from people who imported their phone's from Hong Kong and have Samsung Pay working too.

I wouldn't import a phone from the States as these can have issues with our bands and frequencies our Network's use in the UK.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Nope. I researched and I saw that it wouldn't work with the Snapdragon one since the UK firmware isn't made for the Snapdragon 865 so I didn't want to make a mistake and be stuck in a worse position than just buying the Exynos 990 variant.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I wish I could import it now after the info you have just told me but its too late now to import one since my phone will be a year old in August and the sale value has become too low and I wouldn't want to buy a used Snapdragon. They probably don't sell Brand New Snapdragon Units anymore since the release of the S21.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally appreciate your viewpoint @APARMAR 

For me 5G is still in it's infancy and is hit and miss  and practically provides faster downloads of large files and not vastly improves surfing speeds.

I attain 4G and 4G+ which is fast enough for my usage habits.

Also o2 does not yet provide 5G on it's Payg tariffs which I'm on.

My other sim which is a Vodafone Payg does not yet provide 5G where I live.

Again people on xdadevelopers.com have stated they have attested 5G.

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
I am on three and I get 5G in about 80% of the places that I travel too so it would be an issue for me if I imported an S20 Plus Snapdragon Variant.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough @APARMAR

:smiling-face:

0 Likes