Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery percentage down after update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2017 12:26 AM)
Ali786
Explorer
Options

Hi there, I have a s7 edge before the update last week 30/07/17 my battery at full charge used to show at least 13 hours, now after the update it only shows 10 hours on a full charge with the exact same settings. I have AVG on my phone and I kill all the tasks running, stop the apps and also clear the cache, I have turned a few extra settings off to see if this makes any difference, but nothing - no more than 10 hours. I was wondering if anyone else is having this same issue and if there is anything I can do to improve the battery life. I await your responses. Thankyou very much for your patience. 

Best regards, 

ALI786

Ali786

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As you've just completed the System Cache clear @Ali786 you'd now need to give the phone some time to see if it works or not. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Ali786

It's a misconception in my opinion that stopping Apps / closing them down / clearing Ramhelps with the phones resources. It can actually lead to using more resources because the phone has to then relaunch the app and collate its data. 

Scanners like Avg can and will use lots of phone resources. 

Batteries will deplete faster over time as they don't have an unlimited amount of discharge and recharge cycles. 

New Firmwares can add more features / updates than can then use more battery power. 

What I would suggest is to...

1. Turn the phone Off and from a sequence of button presses enter into the phones system files and delete the System Cache. 
  2. If no improvement then create a Back-Up and Factory Reset. 
  3. Ask a Samsung Experience Store or Service Location to run a diagnostic on the device. 

Ali786
Explorer
Options
Hello BandOfBrothers, sorry I wasn't able to get back to you earlier.

I did not quite understand the number 1 pointer you were making, how do I clear the system cache with the phone turned off - with a sequence of buttons. I really don't understand what to do. Please help. I await your reply. Thankyou.

Best regards,

ALI786
Ali786
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ali786

Here is the process. 

Turn off the Samsung Phone. 

Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

When the phone powers up the Android System Recovery screen appears approx 30 seconds later.

Release all of the keys you had pressed. 

Press the Volume down key on the phone to choose the  "wipe cache partition." section. 

Press the Power key on the phone to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

Ali786
Explorer
Options

@BandOfBrothers 

Hello there again, just tried the system cache clean. It didn't work for me, the battery is showing on a full charge 10 hours and not a minute more. It used to show about 13 hours and 55 minutes before the last update on 30/07/17.

I am grateful for all your help. Thankyou very much, really appreciated.

Ali786
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As you've just completed the System Cache clear @Ali786 you'd now need to give the phone some time to see if it works or not. 

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

I'm curious as to wether you mean 10 hours screen on time or 10 hours total usage 

On my 7 edge I can get 10 +hours screen  on time

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

@Ali786 wrote:

Hi there, I have a s7 edge before the update last week 30/07/17 my battery at full charge used to show at least 13 hours, now after the update it only shows 10 hours on a full charge with the exact same settings. I have AVG on my phone and I kill all the tasks running, stop the apps and also clear the cache, I have turned a few extra settings off to see if this makes any difference, but nothing - no more than 10 hours. I was wondering if anyone else is having this same issue and if there is anything I can do to improve the battery life. I await your responses. Thankyou very much for your patience. 

Best regards, 

ALI786

I'm curious as to wether you mean 10 hours screen on time or 10 hours total usage 

On my 7 edge I can get 10 +hours screen  on time

DRUID DOODE
Ali786
Explorer
Options

Hello druiddoode, 

I can tell you it is just the screen or just standby, if you use the phone the battery goes down even quicker. 

I tried a factory reset to see if it would make any difference, but nothing changed, no difference at all. 

Any thoughts on the matter, please help, I await your reply. 

Thankyou. 

Best regards, 

Ali786

Ali786
0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options

I'm sorry  I can't help you more 

Samsung offer a live chat which can lead to a remote booking were they take over your device without you leaving home 

That is the only option I can think of that could help 

Unless your on a contract phone then get in touch with them 

But you can still use the Samsung option

Good luck

DRUID DOODE