Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining

(Topic created on: 21-07-2020 11:30 AM)
Surealunreal
Explorer
Options
I brought my parents both Samsung Galaxy S5 for Xmas but one phone seems to be draining the battery dramatically but the other isn't, anyone any ideas?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Check to make sure there both on the same android version, settings>about phone> software

If they are both updated the make sure you have the battery saving/optimize features are on for both devices.

1. Go to system settings: Settings>Battery.
  2. Tap MORE (upper-right) then tap Optimize battery usage.
  3.  If not available, navigate: Battery Usage (next to Estimated battery life) > or the Menu icon 
      Optimize battery usage.
  4. Tap the Dropdown menu 
     (at the top) then tap All apps.
  5. If preferred, tap the app switch(es) to turn on/off 
     Apps or services unable to be optimized appear grayed out.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @Surealunreal 

Battery usage and screen on time in my opinion is a very subjective topic as well all use different apps and set out phone's up differently with different preferences settings.

Perhaps an app the person is using is using more juice etc.

Look at the battery stats after a day's usage and look to see what's using more juice.

Consider putting the phone in Safe Mode which disables downloaded apps but leaves the stock one's working and then see what happens.

If the drain stops then it's one or more of the downloaded apps that's most likely causing this.

Start deleting one at a time until it stops.

Google Chrome as one example is a resource hog so I personally disable this and primarily use the Samsung Internet App.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test if required.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

from my 5 years s5 experience battery should last around 3-4 hours max of screen on time

0 Likes