Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining s8 cpu processors overload

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 06:17 AM)
Members_Uz81Nf2
First Poster
Options

Last month or so I've had a notification pop up every morning or even twice a day saying something like the cpu or processors are overloading please restart. My phone gets very hot and is fully drained within an hour. I've deleted lots of stuff the % is dropping every minuit, this handset isn't even a year old. I've even gone to the boot menu and cleared the cache, unlinked my phone from Bixby, I've read it could be caused by the new update but i don't know if i can even go back to the old update, Is Samsung even doing anything as from what I'm seeing it's not just me or just the s8 it's happening across all phones even the new s20 ultra is there anything more i can try before doing a full reset 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Contact support and they will help you
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_Uz81Nf2 

Once an update is uploaded you can't revert to the previous software by using the phone's internal settings I'm afraid.

I would first suggest Safe Mode > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If that does not help then back up and factory reset.

You can also send feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.

Ultimately a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store can assist.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes