Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Banking App (Barclays / HSBC)

(Topic created on: 01/12/17 00:08)
humza10
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have genuinely been trying to figure a way to get the 2 banking apps installed on my Galaxy S8 for the past month, my phone is in no way modified or rooted but I can't install them I spoke to the bank they say it's the phone, but the strange thing is I can install other banking apps but not the ones I really need

Barclays 

Hsbc

Please help someone. I have tried to download apk but they crash and I can't login. 

Screenshot_20171130-230543.png

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Other Smartphones

I can confirm the HSBC App works on my s8 on Nougat. 

Can i ask......

Who supplied the phone to you ?

What firmware are you on ?

Other avenues are to shut the phone off and then from a set of button presses enter into the phones file system and then clear the system cache. 

If no resolution then back up and factory reset. 

If no resolution then you can usually from within the app etc contact the developer to report the bug officially. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
humza10
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I bought the phone from EE in April was on contract but bought the contract out, I am on the nougat version. 

Contacted barclays several times but they say it's the phone really losing my mind because if it was the phone then why can I install other bank apps. Don't know if Samsung center will replace the phone. 

0 Likes
DRUIDDOODE
Voyager
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @humza10 I use the Barclays app and  

I am sure there is a security feature that prevents or conflicts installation of other banking apps

DRUID DOODE
0 Likes
humza10
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Very odd I think it's only me 😞 resetting phone didn't solve the issue.
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

@humza10: Where are you trying to download the app(s) from?

Also, some apps are regional/country-specific, and so won't work on a device not made for sale there. Unsure if that's what's going on in this instance though.

0 Likes