Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Badge notification count since update

(Topic created on: 16/02/20 01:03)
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

My badge notification count is no longer working since my s8 was updated yesterday. All settings seem correct. What can I do?

26 REPLIES 26
Options
Other Smartphones
Yes, this sucks! And I just came from Apple!
0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

Please for love of all things put it back!!! I've missed important messages and emails due to this. Nothing worse than people thinking they are ignoring you! Especially for business professionals! 

Options
Other Smartphones

Tracy 

Please adivse where on your phone you post this feedback to the developers as you suggest?

0 Likes
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi @adeinmanchester 

You can do this through the Samsung Members app on your phone. Go to Samsung Members > Scroll to the foot of the page > Select 'Get Help' > Scroll to 'Feedback' > Send Feedback.

Hope this helps!

Options
Other Smartphones

My Samsung pro j7 lost app badge count since last update. tried everything. In special access in app notifications there is no Samsung home button to turn on. Really been everywhere. Used to work fine till a week ago. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I was complaining about badge count clearing even if one message of multiple is read.

However have seen some threads describing your problem. Try

settings - notifications - icon badges, show with numbers ON.

Settings - lock screen - Notifications ON.

Settings - Display  - Home screen - App icon badges, with numbers ON

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Agreed!! Why have a badge counter where you can show or not show the number, only to have it disappear after checking one message??!! Apple does it perfectly on my Iphone XS. Are Samsung and Google trying to drive away business??
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

It's difficult to find threads about this issue specifically as so many others are about notifications not working at all.

This issue is so frustrating. I cannot understand how a dev or design team can break a perfectly good feature. What's the point of even being able to configure numbers on the app badges, as they're completely useless except if you leave stacks of notifications lying around.

How a design team can't understand that people would want to swipe away notifications to keep the status bar clean but still want to see the small icon reminders of unread items, it's beyond me.

I've installed Samsung Members just to send feedback on this problem but I don't have any faith that there'll be a useful response.

Options
Other Smartphones

I have some problem - Samsung A40 (SM-A405FN), Android 9. I installed Nova Launcher Prime, but without success. For mail I use AquaMail Pro, a maximum of 6 messages will be displayed.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I have complain too for 2 years and no luck,now samsung is not my main daily driver phone because of that notif disapper.

I post on Instagram, dm all samsung account all over the country for this issue and they block me instead responding it for quality service.

I hope Samsung will move to a lower rank, maybe by then they will realize how much to appreciate the feedback from customer.

I tried calling samsung call centre, email them.. but still, until today seems they don't bother.

I do really hope someone can bring this matter up, maybe some top youtuber to get samsung's attention.

In my country (Indonesia) they will say: sorry i miss your message because it drowned..

Straight away i will say because it's a samsung.. alot of people miss messages because not showing the number notif as before, so we aren't aware messages that is unread.

And this only happen in samsung, other device android doesn't have this problem..

I do hope someone can bring to Samsung's attention.
0 Likes