Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD DECISION BY SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 08:33 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
When Samsung launched the S6, they did not have a slot for the S6 to take a micro SD memory card. 

Bad mistake that made alot of Samsung customers to purchase other android brands and even switch to iPhone.

Now Samsung are starting to launch their new generation of phones which will have huge internal storage and NO micro SD card option.

Most of us, store our most precious and important items on our SD card, because if the phone short circuits due to water or breaks.
Then we could lose everything we stored on the phone memory.

But with a removable SD card, there is a 90 percentage chance that everything is still on the SD card and can simply be put into another Samsung device. 
( remember the encryption and decryption )
For it to work.

I am all for big internal memory, I think all Samsung phones should have a minimum of 256GB internal storage.

But Samsung must never make that error they did with the S6 and have NO SD card facility.

If Samsung do this, then people will simply switch to another brand, which would be a shame.

Samsung must listen to the customers and not make the mistakes that BlackBerry made where they were the market leader and then they took their eye off the ball and did not listen to the customers.
Where are BlackBerry now ?

If the directors of Samsung read this.
Please always have on every Samsung phone the facility to install a micro SD card. 

It is what the customers want.

25 REPLIES 25
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
When implications such as words used spamming.
That can get me kicked off when am not a spammer.

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I apologise, however if you were kicked off due to this reasoning, it would not be based off a single use of the word in a reply to one of your posts. These forums are monitored by real humans who will make that decision, not the opinion of a single user.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Apology accepted. In this age of the forums, any word can be taken the wrong way by others.
I give opinions.
Some valid, some not valid. But we share ideas and thats how things improve.
This is about helping each other.
And if samsung have not done something right, then it must be mentioned.
Or the consequences would be other brands taking the lead and I do not want a shady company from Asia trying to take on samsung.
I am.a defender of samsung
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Trust me, I've perused and followed chatrooms and forums for over 20 years, it's nothing new for people to be triggered by the use of any one specific word.

I do value your opinion and respect your concerns as well as agree on many, however I do try to keep a level view on how things stand in regard them. Issues like sd card and headphone jack are inconveniences imo but not deal breaking (in regard to the masses that is). The same is true for the charger and headphones. Whilst I see them as inconveniences not having them in the box the positive side was that it cost people less who didn't need them (although one can debate this, it's all a matter of perspective) such as myself. A truly good compromise would be to have versions of the flagships which both incorporated these missing features and ones without, pricing them accordingly. This obviously will probably never happen, but in all honestly I'd wager most buyers would pick the reduced price version.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
That's exactly why I purchased the A71 a super phone
GB61
First Poster
Options

I don't understand Samsung. They focused their attention on making a better camera for their flagship phones that uses a lot of memory but they take away the micro sd slot. Samsung use to be a leader in technology and a supporter for those who purchased their phones instead of the iPhone. But now, not only are they followers but also hypocrites. They made fun of the iPhone when they removed the headphone jack, but within a short time they followed Apple and did the same. They made fun of the iPhone because it lacked expandability. They followed Apple and took that away too. I was always a Samsung supporter because they supplied their technology with things I use a lot such as the Micro sd card slot and the headphone jack. I am very disappointed that they've become iPhone followers. I have over the years recommended to my friends and associates to get Samsung phones and tablets because of their expandability. Now I'm telling them to upgrade to the latest iPhone. I personally will not by anymore Samsung phones. The S pen, Micro SD slot and the headphone Jack not to mention its large size for writing on it with the S pen was the very reason I bought Samsung phones in the first place.                 

0 Likes