Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD DECISION BY SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 07:31 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
When Samsung launched the S6, they did not have a slot for the S6 to take a micro SD memory card. 

Bad mistake that made alot of Samsung customers to purchase other android brands and even switch to iPhone.

Now Samsung are starting to launch their new generation of phones which will have huge internal storage and NO micro SD card option.

Most of us, store our most precious and important items on our SD card, because if the phone short circuits due to water or breaks.
Then we could lose everything we stored on the phone memory.

But with a removable SD card, there is a 90 percentage chance that everything is still on the SD card and can simply be put into another Samsung device. 
( remember the encryption and decryption )
For it to work.

I am all for big internal memory, I think all Samsung phones should have a minimum of 256GB internal storage.

But Samsung must never make that error they did with the S6 and have NO SD card facility.

If Samsung do this, then people will simply switch to another brand, which would be a shame.

Samsung must listen to the customers and not make the mistakes that BlackBerry made where they were the market leader and then they took their eye off the ball and did not listen to the customers.
Where are BlackBerry now ?

If the directors of Samsung read this.
Please always have on every Samsung phone the facility to install a micro SD card. 

It is what the customers want.

25 REPLIES 25
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I couldn't remember the name.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I mentioned it and it's always been an option just like USB c headphones.
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
The Battery ? Yes the bain of our lives lol.
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi OK, I just couldn't remember who posted it before & yes I know its always been an option I just thought I wouldn't need it, but I have an SD Card just for family photos, now when I take pictures & videos I can easily transfer them to my family folder on my SD Card.
Happy days 😊
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I know for the smaller phones is always bad I just don't get why the 4000 cell doesn't give amazing battery life, I would say its acceptable and lasts the day but its not a patch on the iPhone 11 pro
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I get your concern but to be frank, there's always been options for easy backup besides sd card (and honestly I'd say faster and safer). SD Cards are a slowly diminished market, cloud storage is the emergent technology that companies will see for the futures. Its just how technology and change works. You can see this trend from old cassette tapes to cd roms then dvd roms to blu Ray and cloud streaming. Or SIM to micro sim to nano sim and eSIM.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
While the phones and the apps and everything drains the battery more and more, the voltage is still only 5 volts.
The whole mobile phone industry need to increase the voltage to at least 9 volts in the battery.
Then you can have a current of 6000mAh or more.
In effect you won't need to charge your phone for 3 days at least.
But it needs the whole industry to adopt the same voltage
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I just want to ask, are you genuinely concerned for anything you're complaining about or are you just creating room for discussion. If it's the former then all your posts could be coalesced into one post combining all points. If it's the latter then your reasons for doing so become questionable and honestly not something to be taken seriously. Spamming the forums with CAPS titled complaints won't illicit change nor garner any attention.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
No one is putting a gun to your head to read what I say.
I make valid points in my opinion but not in yours.
However, that's why this members was created so samsung can get feedback for improvement.
If you are suggesting that I am a spammer or you take such personal offence to me using caps.
May I suggest that you make an official complaint on here about me to a moderator to get me kicked off where there will only be people on here that agree with your opinions.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I wasn't complaining about you. Read carefully, it's more suggestive than complaint.

You weigh your opinions in higher regard than mine, that's natural but doesn't make it right. The problem I see with your opinions is they typically elude to obvious alternatives and workarounds to a supposed issue. Take back up for instance. There's so many ways to keep a phones data backed up just as conveniently as an sd card but you make it out like that is the only way everyone can do it. You also forget that sd cards, just like any phone storage is prone to failure (statistically moreso and more likely if removal is often). You also (and everyone does this) act like its IMPOSSIBLE to ever use one with the phone when it's always been possible with a USB C adapter. Whilst I agree it's far less convenient not having the internal sd card reader, you can't deny with an adapter it's actually far more convenient switching between multiple cards.
0 Likes