Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAD DECISION BY SAMSUNG

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 06:44 AM)
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
When Samsung launched the S6, they did not have a slot for the S6 to take a micro SD memory card. 

Bad mistake that made alot of Samsung customers to purchase other android brands and even switch to iPhone.

Now Samsung are starting to launch their new generation of phones which will have huge internal storage and NO micro SD card option.

Most of us, store our most precious and important items on our SD card, because if the phone short circuits due to water or breaks.
Then we could lose everything we stored on the phone memory.

But with a removable SD card, there is a 90 percentage chance that everything is still on the SD card and can simply be put into another Samsung device. 
( remember the encryption and decryption )
For it to work.

I am all for big internal memory, I think all Samsung phones should have a minimum of 256GB internal storage.

But Samsung must never make that error they did with the S6 and have NO SD card facility.

If Samsung do this, then people will simply switch to another brand, which would be a shame.

Samsung must listen to the customers and not make the mistakes that BlackBerry made where they were the market leader and then they took their eye off the ball and did not listen to the customers.
Where are BlackBerry now ?

If the directors of Samsung read this.
Please always have on every Samsung phone the facility to install a micro SD card. 

It is what the customers want.

25 REPLIES 25
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The thing is its all subjective samsung is going for what most people want and removing features that are not used, apple is doing it and slowly so is everybody. For example I have an s20, the s21 removes wqhd, glass back sd card slot, but then gives you faster chip and adaptive 120hz. I was really bothered at first but I would go out and buy one now, I will wait for the s22 because this was only bought it November, the problem is samsung is removing features that alot of people don't use but people will still buy the phones. Look at apple for example, they was first to have no charger and no headphone jack people still love them. Look at samsung the s21 is selling like hotcakes.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi to be honest there's always a way around a problem for some, I have the S21 ultra Exynos & I read in a previous post a member mentioned to purchase a Micro SD Card reader USB C, Type-C memory card USB adapter.
Works just like I have an SD card installed.

Screenshot_20210407-062433_832.png

STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Example, your phone crashed or locks up or may have an issue where you need to do a factory reset on your phone.
You have used up all your cloud storage from various sources, and all your films ,photos, etc are on the phone memory.
Then you have lost it all once you do a master reset.
Yes you are correct it is subjective.
But the more features a Samsung device has to get us out of trouble is a good thing especially if we are travelling and need to sort issues out quickly.
What I am saying is, my Samsung A71 has just one tray that takes 2 sim cards and a micro SD card in that one slot.
Why move backwards, bring out new innovations but keep the important things as well
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
Yes it was on one of my previous posts, it's only £10 on Amazon
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I agree I mean I have loads of cloud storage and all photos and videos are on Google photos so I could lose this phone tomorrow and it wouldn't matter I do agree but I don't think it will change anytime soon and people will still buy them, for me personally I couldn't care less, yes the drop in resolution is annoying but you paying less, but I understand for some people it's very frustrating to me SD cards are old school I not had one in my phone since the S7
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
A dual USB memory stick also works great. Saves buying the MicroSD and the adapter and will most likely be both cheaper and have faster data transfer speeds. Though it depends how you would plan on using it. This would be more of an backup option as using the phone with it plugged in would be annoying. Would recommend if anyone is genuinely needing extra offline storage though. Here the one I bought last year for example. It has a USB C side and a USB A side so you can plug one into the bottom of your phone and the other into your laptop (if you still have USB type A ports. If not you can just use the same USB C side of the stick.

https://amzn.to/31Urn58
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
I have a 512GB high speed SD card in my phone and I have to say, it works perfectly. No issues.
People like you and me buy Samsung phones for one main reason.
They are the best and they are far more advanced than other android makes.
All I am saying is, yes let's move forward but let's still have proven safety features in the phone and all the things that at least 50 percent of us want to be left.
0 Likes
STRATEGIST
Pathfinder
Options
This is another good option.
It's mainly we all want backup if something goes wrong we don't lose our contents.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I get that 100 percent and i agree all I am saying as much as we may moan or try to get it to change it won't as samsung is the apple of android, whether or not that's a good or bad thing I don't know, I have owned both and I must agree samsung phones are great they just need a slight boost in the battery department