Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup All Memos? (Galaxy S4 Mini)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 10:56 AM)
Ketzl
Student
Options

Hello,

I'd really appreciate some help. My partner recently died, and I have loads of Memos full of little sentimental things that I would like to backup so I can keep them forever.

Is there any way I can backup all my Memos at once? I have over 600, so it would take a long time to do them all separately.

I've always thought that they MUST be stored on my phone somewhere, and that there must be some way to find them when my phone is plugged into my laptop via USB...but I've searched and searched through every folder and just can't find where they could be.

These are my specs -

Galaxy S4 Mini (bought in 2016)

Model Number:
GT-191951

Android Version:

I'd be so grateful if anyone could give me any advice. Thank you very much for reading.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Ketzl: I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If you would like to backup the S4 Mini then I recommend using Smart Switch on your home computer. To begin with, please download the relevant version by following the link below and clicking on 'How do I get Smart Switch on my PC or Mac?'.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect the S4 Mini via USB cable, click on the Backup tab and follow the on screen prompts. Also, on the phone itself, go to Apps > Settings > Accounts > Samsung > Select the account > Sync Memo (tick this option) > Sync Now. This will allow you to add the account to another device if you should wish to do so, and sync the Memo data to it. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Ketzl
Student
Options

Thank you very much for your reply. I did this, and I was indeed able to back up my memos.

However, though it was a big relief to know that I had a backup, it wasn't in a form that I would be able to read/listen to etc. -- it was a single .nmm file. As I had wanted to be able to read/listen to my memos, in the end, I went through every note individually and either emailed them to myself or uploaded them to my Google Drive -- I did it one weekend and got through all 600. So anyone in a similar position, if you just put your head down and power through, it really doesn't take that long to do them one by one, and it is worth it.

0 Likes