SOLVED
First Poster

Auto rotate bottom missing from pull down options for s8.... help 

Paul
84 REPLIES 84
Highlighted
Thank you so much.
Highlighted

Portrait button wasn't even highlighted.   Thanks for the tip.  This is the hardest to use  phone I've ever had and possibly the least reliable.  My battery lasts 8-12 hours depending on use. 35-40 is completely misleading.  I figured about 1/3 of that so at least 12-15 Last night I turned in my camera selected and it would not work.  I to close out and sign back in again.  I can't organize my life and to phones moods.  I so regret selecting Note 10+.  Big mistake.

Highlighted
You absolute hero
Highlighted

What p*****k(s) thought that toggling auto-rotate should change its name to portrait! Its taken 3 attempts and 40 mins to solve this. 

Highlighted

This was the fix. Feel like a dumb**** now. 

Highlighted

Well that only took 2 days!!  Samsung, why isn't this searchable in the settings menu?  

Highlighted

You really should not blame Samsumg, Google wrote the Androis OS. I had the problem on a Motorola pnone.

Highlighted

Yup, this was the only solution that worked for me! -- All of my previous settings disappeared with a Samsung Update. There was no intuitive way to figure this out. This was really the only feature/setting that I could not figure out easily. I will comment on how absolutely stupid this procedure was. Whomever came up with it, should be embarrassed at the very least.

@Eimear wrote:

The below worked for me, hope it works for you too:

- Drag down from top of screen twice to see a grid if icons.

- Top right of grid there is a symbol with three dots onto of each other. Click this. 

- Select 'button order'

-Auto rotate was one of the options above the grid that I could drag down. 

I will not comment on how pointlessly awkward this insertion of a basic feature was :smiling-face:

Highlighted

@Cut-Throat wrote:

Yup, this was the only solution that worked for me! -- All of my previous settings disappeared with a Samsung Update. There was no intuitive way to figure this out. This was really the only feature/setting that I could not firgure out easily. I will comment on how absolutely stupid this procedure was. Whomever came up with it, should be embarrassed at the very least.

@Eimear wrote:

The below worked for me, hope it works for you too:

- Drag down from top of screen twice to see a grid if icons.

- Top right of grid there is a symbol with three dots onto of each other. Click this. 

- Select 'button order'

-Auto rotate was one of the options above the grid that I could drag down. 

I will not comment on how pointlessly awkward this insertion of a basic feature was :smiling-face:

My wife couldn't find auto-rotate and after emailing suggestions from this post and still not finding it, we gave up.  I finally looked at it and there was ONE unused option to drag down to the rest of the icons.  It was not "auto-rotate."  It was "portrait."  I even almost dismissed it.  Why the heck would they have the option rename itself AND grey-out.  Auto-rotate should be either on (and blue) or off (and grey).

I've been anti-iPhone since the first decent Androids came out.  But, stupidity like this really pisses me off.  Not to mention all the issues I'm having with Android Auto - but that's another forum.

Highlighted
This is *****ic. Samsung has one of the most complicated UI's. I can't believe I had to enter a forum post to rotate my screen. Thank you for the input. Much appreciated
Top Liked Authors