Support

Open search

Assigned Text tone

Highlighted
SOLVED
Observer

Just had the latest update on software, now my assigned text tones have reverted to default and cannot find a way to restore. Grrrrr 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

This is no longer an available option on Oreo @katetiv. We'll get your feedback passed on to our colleagues. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Explorer

Hey @katetiv

Can you confirm which model phone do you have? What software version did you update to? You can find this under Settings > About Phone > Software Information. 

Highlighted

Hi.

It's a galaxy a5 2017 and the update was android version 8. Hope that's what you need

Thanks

Kate

Highlighted

This is no longer an available option on Oreo @katetiv. We'll get your feedback passed on to our colleagues. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
How silly. But thanks for letting me know. I wish the update info would tell us these things though.
Highlighted

The new update was pushed in the text app, however you can only assign a text tone to an existing text/thread. Once you delete the convo the customizations is gone and reverts back to the default text when that person text you again....this is the most ridiculous spot to fix this issue unless the customization doesn't get deleted which reduces the frustration by 50%..
It needs to be a field in the contacts list like it was prior to the Oreo update. Where you can preset a text tone regardless if you ever get a text from that contact. I'm forced to keep my text convos if I want to keep the customize tone for each individual, or forced to get a 3rd party app.. It may be nice to have the latest and greatest phone but if simple features that make a phone a phone such as "hearing" who's calling and texting prior to picking up the phone are removed then it's not worth upgrading.

Top Liked Authors