Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April 1, 2019 update, S8+ - always on screen not working, with Clear View Case.

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 03:24 PM)
giza_p
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Last one "March 1, Security update" was totally fine, now my always on display doesn't work, it only shows first clock and info after closing case, then nothing - black screen, no more. Tried many solutions, I know about changing in options from tap two times, to show always on, etc., made topic on reddit, people getting same issue. I encourage you to read, what I've tried and to discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/bn60ub/april_1_2019_update_s8_always_on_screen_not/

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Dannyboy2018
Pathfinder
Options

I made a post on Saturday about this and also spoke

to Samsung Help on Twitter and thwy claim it's my device and not software which we know isn't true

0 Likes
Sanj1
Student
Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  No clock on case cover showing after April 1, 2019 update. 

Have tried all the usual from toggling settings to reboot, even removing and replacing phone in case and all of the above in different combinations just for good measure without success.

This has happened after previous updates so definitely software issue - in the past AOD COVER display has resumed by itself within a few hours post update.  However not this time...

Would really appreciate if anyone has found solution or advice (note I have tried all the settings).

Thx

0 Likes
giza_p
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

There's no solution it's software problem. Samsung told me that next update will fix problems. (Not May 1, but next one) we can only wait.

Sanj1
Student
Options

Thx giza_p for the info.

I can confirm this has now been resolved with the latest update (June).

Good to have full functionality back.

Cheers

S

0 Likes
Sarebighair
Journeyman
Options

I've just attached my clear view case to my brand new s10.. AOD clock disappeared within seconds.. Any ideas? I'm so over this phone already.. 

0 Likes
boftus
First Poster
Options
I have e the issue after the December 2023 update. If the June update resolved this issue, how come the December update caused it again. This is rubbish! Samsung needs to get a grip! Would appreciate any thought/help
Sarebighair
Journeyman
Options
@boftus same again for me Dec 23. Rubbish.
0 Likes