Support

Open search

Any way of retrieving a memo after the app stopped working? Help desperately needed!

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a Galaxy S7 and this morning I added something to my memo and then the app stopped working and the memo disappeared.

My son is having brain surgery next week and all the things I needed to remember to do were on this list so I'm panicking now!

If anyone has any suggestions as to whether it is possible to get it back I would be incredibly grateful.

Thank you :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HI @Benster

Do you still have access to the Memo app? If so then any saved Memos should be visible by opening the App, tapping on the drop down menu in the top left and selecting 'All memos'. If it is not there then you can try going to Settings > Cloud and Accounts > Accounts > Samsung > Ensure Memos is ticked > Sync Now. Alternatively you can try opening Samsung Notes if it accessible > Tap the 3 dots > Settings > Import Data > Import memo Data > From Samsung Account. Let us know how you get on.
Highlighted
Thanks for getting back to me. I still have access to the memo app, all my other memos are there just not the one I really need! The is showing as having no text now. I've tried your second option but can't seem to find memos on there to make sure it's ticked before syncing. Also tried your third suggestion but can't access Samsung Notes. I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help, fairly sure I've remembered 90% of what was on the memo but would feel better if I'd managed to retrieve it! Could have done without the additional stress at an already stressful time!
Highlighted

It sounds like it crashed during the syncing/ saving step. Hoping this was just a one off, @Benster

Highlighted

Long shot, but wondering if it was ever worked out? Same thing just happened on my S7 Edge, updated my very long to-do list, app crashed, reopened and it was blank.

Highlighted

No sorry, I didn't manage to retrieve it and had to admit defeat in the end - I hope you have more luck than me!🤞

Top Liked Authors