Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another S7 Update Problem

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 05:24 AM)
Quadmom
Student
Options

I apologize in advance for likely being one of the more clueless posters. Seems the  recent update has done something to my screen settings that I simply can't figure out. I can't see the bottom no matter which resolution setting I experiment with. Woke up one morning to find that even for text messages I can't see the bottom bar until I just click at the lowest point of the screen which makes it pop up. So basically I'm not able to see my comma or space bar as well as anything else that's at the bottom of the page no matter what including Facebook when you try to write a comment on a post. For things like FB posts, if I touch and drag up then I see the comment bar. It also randomly muted my daughter's number for some reason among other things, but I managed to fix that.

I've tried the screen resolution settings and it's not in easy mode. Any ideas? If I take a screen shot, the whole screen shows up. I just can't see it when I'm in it.(Good thing I remember where the question mark button is)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you using the Samsung Stock Keyboard i.e not a 3rd party one.

And are you using any 3rd party launchers or themes ?

If not and everything looks ok in your phones settings and you've perhaps cleared the data in Settings-Apps-Samsung Keyboard-Location-Clear Data then maybe as a last resort back up and factory reset after removing any relevant Sd card @Quadmom 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Quadmom
Student
Options

Using Gboard. Should I switch? I think I tried earlier this week but honestly feel I've been in the settings so much now I can't remember.

I use standard messaging and don't think I've got anything downloaded that launches any of my apps outside  the normal stock stuff.

0 Likes
dave777
First Poster
Options

Also a new poster. Hope I'm not doing something wrong by joining in on this post. I have a Samsung S7 (not edge)

I am having a similar problem where after the update, I'm now seeing (intermitently) the lower 1/4 of my screen is going partially grey. If i try to read a text the top half is fine but the lower half is grey and hard to read. If I increase my screen brightness then the bottom half becomes black.  it also happens with emails, contacts, etc. even the home screen. Have tried resetting my phone. haven't loaded any new apps or played with any settings prior to this. It will go away for a bit after restarting or powering down my phone, but will eventually come back. also has some slight flickering to this. 

thanks

Dave

0 Likes