Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pay (GPay) stopped working on Galaxy J530

(Topic created on: 22-07-2021 10:26 AM)
Tarkus Concertante
Journeyman
Options

Android Pay (Google Pay, GPay) was working fine on my Galaxy SM-J530F until yesterday. An official Android security patch (patch level -1 May 2021) was auto-downloaded from Samsung on 21/07/2021 and after installation & restart, Android Pay says that my "device doesn't meet security standards'. It also suggests that the device may be rooted (it isn't) or running uncertified software (it isn't). I've tried clearing cache & restarting but no luck. It seems to only affect contactless payments, but that's all I use GPay for. Anyone else seen this behaviour?

16 REPLIES 16
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Welcome back my friend to the show that......... Nice user name!

I can help you resolve this Endless Enigma.

There's a similar post where another user had this issue. Clearing system cache didn't work but a reset did. Back up your data first.
0 Likes
Tarkus Concertante
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for the reply Pugs. It would appear that the Three Fates have conspired against  me. I'll try a reset before I cast it to the sea!

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems like it. Shame you're not a Lucky Man. I don't like resets as you have to set it up From the Beginning.

Tank you
AndrewL
Options

@Tarkus Concertante: If the device is stating that you don't meet the security standards to use Google Pay, then this may be down to your current Lock Screen settings, if it's currently set to 'Swipe' or 'None'. With this in mind, please head to Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock Type, and choose a medium or high security option, and hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

affebay
Journeyman
Options
I have exactly the same issue and Samsung have not been very helpful. Its obviously the software update that has caused the issue on my phone too, but been told to restart phone/uninstall & reinstall app/clear cashe etc to no avail. Really not happy with having to do a factory reset on my phone as no guarantee this will fix issue. Asked for help from Google through the app yesterday and waiting for a reply.
Tarkus Concertante
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL - thanks for the suggestion, but I do have a PIN set on my lock screen.

@affebay - I found another thread on this topic, in which several others report similar behaviour with the J5 & GPay after installing the May security patch. I'll now refrain from resetting my phone as one other user reports that doing so didn't fix things for him. Hoping that Google & Samsung can come up with something between them.

affebay
Journeyman
Options
I will do the same, not resetting my phone! Meanwhile back to using the plastic card again 🙄
affebay
Journeyman
Options
Samsung social media team can be contacted at:
m.me/samsunguk
if you want to register your annoyance 😉
Pseudonym
Journeyman
Options
Me too -- and a factory reset did not help
0 Likes