Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 available only on certain devices

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 09:24 AM)
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Just being researching about Android 12 apparently it's only available for certain device phones I should put a link down below so if you want to read up on it have a look I'll drop a link down below

6 REPLIES 6
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Really android 12
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Finally they'll sort out the camera potential.

CameraQuad bayer camera sensor support

Many Android devices today ship with ultra high-resolution camera sensors, typically with Quad / Nona Bayer patterns, and these offer great flexibility in terms of image quality and low-light performance. Android 12 introduces new platform APIs that let third-party apps take full advantage of these versatile sensors. The new APIs support the unique behavior of these sensors and take into account that they might support different stream configurations and combinations when operating in full resolution or ‘maximum resolution’ mode vs ‘default’ mode.

Graphics and images
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Note the term beta. It will be rolled out to all Samsug devices eligible for at least one Android upgrade eventually. Maybe next year some time
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Time line of android 12 release Screenshot_20210520-134608_Samsung Internet_106418.jpg
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As mentioned by @antikythera  the key word is Beta  named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet and following the alpha phase of software.   Beta testing  is performed by users on a real  environment and there are likely to be some bugs encountered.  Whilst some users are fine with testing  and experiencing new features first, others who only have one device which  they are reliant on may be more wary.

Anyway Google devices have access to the Beta and final versions earlier than for instance Samsung.   It is envisaged that the final stable release may hit pixel Devices in September/October, Galaxy Devices would be  a bit later.

See more here https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/android-12-news 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes