Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 Q - Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 22-05-2019 11:56 PM)
aminocel
Explorer
Options

Despite this subject is still in development. There are some websites listing the Samsung Phones that will be compatible with Android 10 Q, which will probably arrive at autumn 2019. The Galaxy Note 8, is still one powerfull phone, surely capable of running Android 10 without a problem, but it's still not yet on the lists. 

I would like to know if Samsung has plans to include the Note 8 to be able to run Android 10, and if not, what would be the reason to not include it.

Here is a list that you can find on some websites...

Galaxy Fold
Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+
Galaxy S9/S9+
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A9 (2018)
Galaxy A7 (2018)
Galaxy A6 (2018)/A6+ (2018)
Galaxy A80
Galaxy A70
Galaxy A50
Galaxy A40
Galaxy A30
Galaxy A20
Galaxy A20e
Galaxy A10
Galaxy J6/J6+
Galaxy J8/J8+
Galaxy M10
Galaxy M20
Galaxy M30
Galaxy Tab S4
Galaxy Tab S5e
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)
Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018)

Regards,

57 REPLIES 57
aminocel
Explorer
Options

Don’t get me wrong. I think Samsung is decent on quality, and innovation, I love that from Samsung. And as a loyal customer I changed my iPad, for a new Galaxy Tab 8 2019. But honestly to force obsolescence on flagship phones with two mayor updates its awful. Then is better to go to Apple, perhaps more expensive (But not too much on flagship phones) and get updates for far way more time. At the end it doesn’t matter about the hardware on a long-term basis, it’s about the software (It keeps the phone alive). My son (12) has and old iPhone SE 64, which is perfect for him and it’s running the latest version of the OS. That ensures you keep enjoying the technology. A phone it’s not a hammer, perhaps you can get a new hammer in two years, but you won’t feel the difference. I think if you want to pay for a top-quality phone you expect is going to last... I’m sure my note 8 will last a couple of years more, and perhaps more, but in obsolescence? Why would I want a superphone with s-pen and so on, if after 2 years it’s going to be a toaster. I’m currently looking for a phone as Samsung will "force" me to get a new phone, and definitely for more than 1000 bucks (That is cost of the note 10 here) is NOT GOING to be a note 10. I refuse to pay again 1000 bucks to Samsung, and even maybe as my mood changes, I would not get a Samsung phone at all. Even, not a Samsung TV anymore (LG is cheaper) and definitely not a Samsung tablet anymore, as it will be obsolete in two years or maybe less.

My final question for this thread, and this bothers me at most, how we consumers stop this abuse from large companies?

I want a “Device agnostic” platform for PICS, MUSIC, MOVIES, DATA, and all the ***** you must move and pay monthly when you decide to change brands. Also, Google´s Android monopoly is terrible for this industry, as it maintains the same (I force you) to the manufacturers to abuse consumers. I don’t blame Apple here (They are very “close” and “exclusive” to my taste) but they deliver fair price – long term technology use. Where is Microsoft?, Where is Huawei?, we consumers need more options here.

I should be able to change my phone, tablet, or laptop, and still have access to all my stuff, without major problems.

I still use Apple Music, most of my data is in One Drive, I suffer with my notes (One Note, is not my favorite app) and pictures, videos, and books (There are pretty good Agnostic choices, but you have to pay them to all of them, please… cloud services integration and bundles)  you always end using the apps that comes with the device, and those tie you to the device brand. So please advise a solution for this (Agnostic, or multiplatform cloud services).

0 Likes
Lantiquario
First Poster
Options

Penso proprio che non valga più spendere tanti soldi per un Samsung come Note 8, quando uscì costava come un IPhone e non ricevere aggiornamenti mi fa arrabbiare. Un conto è un medio gamma, ma su un top mi dispiace è inaccettabile 

Lonewolftde
First Poster
Options

@aminocel wrote:

Despite this subject is still in development. There are some websites listing the Samsung Phones that will be compatible with Android 10 Q, which will probably arrive at autumn 2019. The Galaxy Note 8, is still one powerfull phone, surely capable of running Android 10 without a problem, but it's still not yet on the lists. 

I would like to know if Samsung has plans to include the Note 8 to be able to run Android 10, and if not, what would be the reason to not include it.

Here is a list that you can find on some websites...

Galaxy Fold
Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+
Galaxy S9/S9+
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A9 (2018)
Galaxy A7 (2018)
Galaxy A6 (2018)/A6+ (2018)
Galaxy A80
Galaxy A70
Galaxy A50
Galaxy A40
Galaxy A30
Galaxy A20
Galaxy A20e
Galaxy A10
Galaxy J6/J6+
Galaxy J8/J8+
Galaxy M10
Galaxy M20
Galaxy M30
Galaxy Tab S4
Galaxy Tab S5e
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019)
Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018)

Regards,

0 Likes
Akrobert47
Apprentice
Options

Nope they wont either. I have a note 8 as well and i am done with the android ecosystem as soon as this phone dies. Im tired of paying 1000 dollars for a flagship that only gets 2 updates if I'm lucky. It's loaded with Samsung bloat that i can't uninstall, most of the apps spy incessantly and android doesn't take any steps to stop that. Why are there apps for alarm clocks that need the full boat of permissions? Because they can. We have been trained to be excited by mediocrity over the years. None of them even pretend to care anymore and just parrot that everyone does it. Add to that the fact that Google, a company whose motto was don't be evil is one of the most evil companies on the fact of the earth. I'll be dropping Samsung and google permanently soon. I've been migrating my data away from google products recently and am done. Except more and when a company doesn't give you what you deserve leave them for a company that will. Goodbye Samsung and google and may you land in the dustbin of history with facebook

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Guys, good news !!
A german Service-guy wrote to a man who was angry about that and contactet him,
That Galaxy S8/+ as well as Note8 are going to get Android 10, since they SoC's were powerful enough.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
YTEarthBoiProd
First Poster
Options
Who was this? I am a Note8 user, and don't want to get my hopes up for a scam. Where did you find this information?
0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
It was a reply of the Samsung Service in the Members App.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
YTEarthBoiProd
First Poster
Options
Sweet! I got my Note8 a few days ago, and was disappointed that it wouldn't get Android Q. This info is great to hear! LONG LIVE THE NOTE8!!!
0 Likes
AdiWolf
First Poster
Options
I will no longer buy Samsung. it is better to buy Xiaomi they are updated every year. I have a note 8 for $ 1200 with an update for 2 years. And I will advise everyone not to buy a Samsung. shame for the samsung.
0 Likes
Skilzwell
First Poster
Options
Samsung needs to stop giving ppl a reason to complain. It's time to step it up & give ppl who pay good money for phones 3-5 updates. Including security for the duration of the phones life. And OF COURSE NOTE 8 SHIULD RECEIVE ANDROID 10!!
0 Likes