Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All incoming calls go straight to voicemail since the new update for the note8.

(Topic created on: 02-04-2019 05:47 AM)
Kittyminster1
First Poster
Options

I have had this phone galaxy note 8 for just over a year, (feb) on virgin. Since the new update all my calls seem to be blocked, they go straight into voicemail. I have to ring everyone back. Like I said this was working fine until the update. I have tried the #002# it says I have a invalid MMI code. Help please going out of my mind.Screenshot_20190402-014301_Settings.jpg

In settings I can't change the fact that it is on silent because its grey you can't do anything with it.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is usually driven by the sim card @Kittyminster1 

I would suggest to check your network operators voicemail help page and or ring them.

Some have short codes that change how long the phone rings before voicemail kicks in etc.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
careining
Apprentice
Options

I am having the exact same problem. S8 updated this morning and nothing but problems since. I also tried the #002# and it said something about MMI and that all network settings have been "disabled"...phone keeps dropping calls, too! Did u ever get a solution?

@Kittyminster1 wrote:

I have had this phone galaxy note 8 for just over a year, (feb) on virgin. Since the new update all my calls seem to be blocked, they go straight into voicemail. I have to ring everyone back. Like I said this was working fine until the update. I have tried the #002# it says I have a invalid MMI code. Help please going out of my mind.Screenshot_20190402-014301_Settings.jpg

In settings I can't change the fact that it is on silent because its grey you can't do anything with it.

0 Likes
Kittyminster1
First Poster
Options
I got in touch with virgin because I read that it was a sim card problem, don't know why but that's what it said. And they sent me a new sim card, that didn't fix it, I had to rest the phone not factory rest so my password was still there. Hope that helps you.
0 Likes
Olsmitty851
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue, I've done everything I could think of.....factory reset, network reset, hard reset, and even got a new sim card from T-Mobile.......still experiencing same issue, it has to be a bug in the update (I have a note 😎 because while restoring my phone, I was recieving calls after the restore was finished, it went back to the same issue of calls being blocked 

0 Likes
careining
Apprentice
Options

My phone was under warranty since I just paid a hefty deductible for my insurance to replace it a few months ago ( after dropping it) so they sent me a new phone because even a factory reset would not fix the problem. After receiving the new phone I have had no problems and actually like the new update.

0 Likes