Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After auto update ,Samsung Galaxy Xcover 6pro is not accepting the lock pin.

(Topic created on: 02-04-2024 08:38 AM)
l33n
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Galaxy Xcover 6pro bought recently on Jan 2024 ,few days back i kept the phone for charging ,later when i took after few hours it has automatically restarted (it seems it had automatically updated),So the pin unlock option was showing ,which is not accepting my correct pin.I am pretty sure i didnt change the pin.Its been few days im trying (now the phone is locked for 24 hours)after that when i try its still incorrect

All my valuable photos and files are in it which i didnt back up .Now when i checked with the  service center they are asking me to hard reset ,where all the files will be deleted.I dont want to do that.

I tried smarthing find my mobile of samsung ,it is detecting but there is no unlock option.

How come the samsung is doing to the customers..it is their fault .i had tried all the reset option,wipe cache option everthing.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sorry to learn your phone isn't unlocking as it should @l33n 

It is very strange that an official update would cause these issues 🤔 

Your photo's etc may have been backed up to OneDrive or another vault you've set up.

It is recommended to create such backups just incase the phone fails or the phone is lost or stolen. 

Unfortunately if this issue has caused the phone to lock, and you are unable to unlock with your known security protocols then the next step is what Samsung have advised. .

I would assume a Samsung Experience Store would carry out the same operation. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/what-can-you-do-if-you-forgot-the-pin-pattern-or-p... 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
l33n
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Thank you for the reply @BandOfBrothers 

The link which you provided didnt help.Also smart things there is no unlock option currently.Also i dont want to factory reset  where i will loose all datas.

Also my backup was paused which i didnt notice while i was using the phone.The imporatant files were not backed up in  google drive.Lost trust in Samsung as i am pretty sure i didnt change the pin.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm disheartened the link didn't help @l33n as that is an official Samsung Support page detailing what can be achieved if the owner forgets their security protocols. 

As the security protocols safeguard the phone and it's contents from unauthorised access I feel there isn't much else you can do. 

It's a shame you didn't notice your backups had " paused "

This is something I personally check at least once a week. 

However you decide to proceed I with you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes