Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A7 2017 Front Camera focus issue

(Topic created on: 03/11/17 18:01)
Billsticky
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

First of all dear Samsung I hope you hear this from me, please don't hide from your mistakes, I'm not angry of what you've done for the new Galaxy A7 2017's front camera, but I don't think it's really a good Idea to make nice 16mp super crisp camera with super wide aperture but with a fixed lens. I don't mind if it's a fixed lens but at least ya have to set it to be a little more infinity for the focus, depth of field is great, great bokeh, but not everyone is gonna be having selfies alone with bokeh background. So I hereby officially request for at least just a camera hardware exchange and/ or maybe little software update for it to be compatible. The front camera is one of the main function of the phone, and I hope to hear from you soon. There's many Samsung service centres around me hope you can do something about it. THANK YOU AND PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING!

21 REPLIES 21
nutribun
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for posting your issue. I have the same exact issue with my A7 2017. It's really frustrating for a pricey phone. Not what I expected. The front camera is useless if you're taking picture with your family in the background. My sister is using A5 2017 and has the same problem. We updated both our firmwares. The latest firmware is useless. Camera filter effect!? Samsung, please fix this in no time or give my money back

Siga_boy
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for addressing the issue. Even I am having the same issue. Got this mobile 1 month back. Whenever I take selfies, my face comes clear but it is not the same for others with me in the frame. I humbly request you, Samsung, to release an update for the front camera including a mode which doesn't have bouquet effect and infinity focus. Also pls enable front camera zoom capability in that mode. Thanks.

nutribun
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Agree. This is really frustrating! A5 has the exact same issue. I'm not sure if this can be fixed through software. I suspect that this is a hardware problem. Better to post this on Samsung's social media page if there's no resolution here. I want a full refund! 

0 Likes
Abby30
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

So SAMSUNG! Whats your plan to this matter? People love selfies and groupies, then we cannot enjoy to use our A7 phone because its blurriness?! Please do something about this! 

Buffysky
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same issue. What’s the point of having selfies or groupies and not being able to show were you are.  I take selfies when no one is there to take a pic of me that place

Josephine
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Yesss thank you for posting, because I have the same issue about my A7's front camera. It is very disappointing since A7's front camera has bokeh fitur and high megapixels. I couldn't take selfie with a group of people. There is my friend who has Oppo F1s and the phone has (very) better selfie, it is embarrassing. Please Samsung, you should take care of this problem.

nutribun
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

The latest update is useless! Hahaha! ***** phone. They will ignore this for sure!

srp
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I have the same problem with selfie camera

the groupie selfies are blurry ! The latest update (486mb) did not solve this problem and only added some funny features

I think that the selfie camera has a hardware problem.All users report this problem.

Everybody likes to take group photos with family.We can not just take single-person photos .Samsung ! Please be responsive !Please give me my money.Shame you!

nutribun
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Very disappointing! F*ck the phone, f*ck samsung! Give our money back!