Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A5 2017 front camera

(Topic created on: 30/12/17 11:34)
dani8
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello, I own Galaxy A5 2017 for 6 months and I am extremely dissapointed with the front camera. Yeah it is true that specifications show that the front camera is 16 MP , but nowhere is written that the camera has fixed focus to the few cetimeters and it cannot be changed anywhere!!!!. So when i take pictures my face is clear but the background is totally blurred (it might be useful as a filter....SOMETIMES!!!!...otherwise it is really useless!!!!) . So even using the selfie stick is not possible becuase the whole picture will be blurred and out of focus. Due to this the pictures made with the front camera are completely useless and the camera is useless as well. When I want to make clear picture with friends or a selfie with something interesting in the background I have to use other phone (then what was the point of buying this one??????!!!! for 400 Euros?!?!?!?!!!) or there is another option, and that is to use the rear camera to take selfie photos like in 2005 with my old nokia phone. (maybe i make 1 good picture out of 100 attempts......like really...only possible solution for now.....the front camera is really useless).

So I want to ask, if there is some magical way to change the focusing of the front camera with any update or at least if it can be solved in service centre after changing the whole lense (or something). Please it would be really helpfull. Thank you very much!

16 REPLIES 16
TuFotoCarcasa
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Probably they will fix it with an update.
TuFotoCarcasa
0 Likes
jstr1962
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi
I Got this phone too in Malta last September.... I have the same issue.

Anyone can give me hints???

tks
0 Likes
dani8
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes I can,

buy another phone....really the only solution.

I hope it helps :smiling-face:

0 Likes
raktlu
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

That's so lame. I had all the updates and upgrades but the issue is still there.

I can see my nose hair but can't see nothing 30cm behind me.

Shame on you Samsung. Shame on you.

0 Likes
dani8
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

Yes it surely is a shame...but at least i know i won't ever buy the middle class phone...i'd rather buy older flagship like s7...maybe i'll spend few bucks more but i will be sure that i can use it for everything i want for 100%.

0 Likes
Zagam304
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Shame on you samsung company .shame on you.. when i submit my galaxy a5 2017 for service centre .after 2 weeks when i received my phone .front focus camera issue have not resolve .. you wastage  my time and money .. shame on you samsung .. if you are really a good company then solution this problm .otherwise you lose your customers 

0 Likes
Fransunset
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I know exactly how you feel... ***** . I have an iPhone SE and I bought this one.... I feel regreting it but... well selfies are important some times but if u  remember those good times pictures are not needed really.... we will all die one day lol.  I think like this cause I spent money with this phone..... and still have my iphone I'm selling. But yes. It's *****ing annoying thag samsung did this *****

0 Likes