Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A5 2017 front camera focus issue

(Topic created on: 30/06/17 21:40)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Other Smartphones

I found that front camera in A5 2017 has a serious issue, Focusing!

If my face is near front camera (like 20-30cm), the photo would be clear. But if I extend my hand to take a selfie (this is needed for group selfies), then everything including faces is blurry!

This isn't my only issue but I heard from others that they are experiencing same problem!

I also have a Huawei Nova whose front camera doesn't have auto/manual focus either but, unlike A5 2017, photos are clear!

103 REPLIES 103
dyermaker9
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones

Dear Samsung team, this is not solved! I get an A7 (2017) and it has exactly the same issue!! The pictures that are being taken between the range indicated by you are getting blured! I think the every customer wants to take a selfie without being a photographer or to be thinking if the photo will be focused or not!

I think that this can be solved by software and I hope that this will be solved with Nougat update, but really this is very annoying. Maybe a camera app update that provide autofocus via software would help us a lot.

Please don't forget customers!

Iratxedv
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi!

I'm from Spain. Here we've got the same problem. I bought A5 2017 in february and the front camera was wrong. And many, many people have got the same problem with that. 

I was sending mails and phone calls everyday, every hour, and finally they changed my phone for other A5 2017, with a camera that is a little better.  No good, only a little better.

And that's all. Samsung is not going to make nothing else..

Of course, i'll never buy Samsung never more. They're a thiefs.

(Sorry for my english,i don't speak very well, but i wanted tell you my case)

Lisa87
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

And i have a samsung galaxy s7 which is even more expensive that has the exact same issue! I went to samsung store in Croydon like 2 months ago sp they could have a look at the blurry pics as it is not normal. The guy said the phone was fine even after i showed him the pictures i took with both front and rear camera. In my case i have that problem in both cameras! 

0 Likes
Mar4
Apprentice
Options
Other Smartphones

I didnt see the solution, customers are still dissatisfied. I'm from Macedonia and i need to work so hard for  2 years 

to pay this phone that i dont like. Where is  the solution for this problem? For 2 years i will be nervous and i will tell everyone how  dissapointed i am and finaly buy an iphone.

There is no no logic, i have Samsung galaxy A5 2017 and can't take selfies with somebody else or with some background that i want to be focused, and somebody that have A5 2016 can. I thougt that every year you need to be better not worse.

A52017
Options
Other Smartphones

Are u kidding with us .We can not take a group selfie with front sitty camera..Please do some thing somting about this issue bcoz we spend 30k for this phone .

Anna77
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I just got A5 2017 and I am very dissapointed with this phone. Why did you make a camera like this??.. A lot of people take selfies with their friend! Why the hell did you make the backgroud blurred?? We want a good picture, we don't want a camera just to focus on our face and remove the pores from our face! Such a waste of money SAMSUNG!! You should made an improved phone not make it worse! Please fix this.SAMSUNG keep disappointing the customers! (Sorry for my english, it is not my first language)
MGHMegamind1982
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I am from Iran. I am having A7 2017 but I have the same problem as many others have with the front facing camera. It suckssssss!!!!! Even nokia 1100 can take better pictures. Focus problem on a cellphone promised to having 16m camera but focus problem is as awful as NOTE 7 FIASCO!!!!!!!! For the love of GOD fix them!!!!!!!!

Abdirahman
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Had anyone installed the "Essential Update" of 12/7/2017?

Does the Update fix the front camera issue? (Not a native Speaker sorry).

0 Likes
Anna77
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones
I have install the newest update and unfortunately, it still didn't fix the front camera ... SAMSUNG huhhh
0 Likes
Jrg
Options
Other Smartphones

How can Samsung say problem solved with green tick when there is nothing but blur in back ground of selfie am mortified 

Also for the cheek of it was given by the Samsung store a SELFIE STICK what a joke 

When I went back to Samsung store they told me that the focus was on the face nothing in the back ground matters ( whats a point of selfie with no background focus Mmm hello by this point  I ad to laugh at this ridiculous  point and walk out 

Thank you Samsung Malaysia for your customer service 

0 Likes
Ankitmirajkar
Just Browsing
Options
Other Smartphones
This is not the solution. You cannot restrict our choices in a particular way
0 Likes
kosnhrha
Just Browsing
Options
Other Smartphones

0 Likes
kosnhrha
Just Browsing
Options
Other Smartphones

@CarolinaW
Do recent builds of A5 2017 have this problem?

Do A7 2017 and A3 2017 models have this problem?

0 Likes
Tanvir
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Is it joke ..??..what is this.. i bought a7 2017 yesterday ..its front camera look sucks..what do you think ..we paid to samsung to take picture of our nose ,eyes only....a series 2017 front camera is useless...i changed my s7 edge which display has a pink line ..now i bouhgt a7 2017 and its camera sucks.. you dont give any value to our money....i used galaxy s2,s3,s4,s5,s6..i am a big fan of samsung phone ..but no more ..you people are sucks now.time to change sansung brand..

nutribun
Explorer
Options
Other Smartphones

Better to spread this issue in social media. It seems that Samsung is not listening here. 

MSM
Observer
Options
Other Smartphones
Its not The solution , the costumers are not fool ?
Fredsg
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This phone will become a beast if you able to fix the front camera's focus thingy. I love this phone and actually paid bucks for this because i thought it is something that ypi can use for a long time. But when I've tried the front camera with friends, Oh God! This is a big problem. How can i possibly captyre every moments if I have this problem. It may a hardware issue but I hope you can help us to fix it. Maybe through a software updatr or troubleshootings. Please help! Before its too late. 

Kartikey
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I'm from India. I'd bought this smartphone this june. It's not yet completed even 6 months. Whenever I looked at the selfies taken by me, I always wondered that how can I be so bad at taking selfies until the day when I saw a selfie clicked by my cousin. It didn't took me a while knowing there may have some issues with the device. This noon I spent a little time clearing camera app data, resetting the camera app to default and then tried capturing the selfies constantly. It was then only when I got to realise; there's some issue with with my device; I need to visit to the service centre. Before that I considering Google first, which led me to this forum.

At the gooogle page, I got happy reading that 'SOLVED' in the title of the post (that led me to visit all the pages of this post), but I'm much disappointed and outrageous knowing this is such a hell of the MISLEADING TITLE by the forum.

Further, I'm extreme angry knowing how I, actually we were fooled by Samsung. 

This need to be fixed by samsung. How can a brand do like this?

We need this issue to be viral on the social media and all,  so that Samsung take an action.

I'll think a tons of time before considering a Samsung smartphone!

0 Likes
SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Other Smartphones

Thank you all for your feedback. We're sad to hear that you are unhappy with the quality of the photos from your front facing cameras on your 2017 A Series phones. We're also sorry that you feel mislead about the Community accepted solution on the thread, thank you for letting us know - we have now removed this from the thread. We'd like to ask you for your help so that we can investigate your experiences and look to see what we can do. 

We understand that a number of you have already been through support processes but would appreciate it if you could follow the below steps and provide your feedback so that we can better understand what has been going on. The order of these steps is key to the investigation as it systematically shows us the status of your phone. 

A little about you and your phone 

- While we are UK based, we understand that a number of our friends on this thread are from countries across the globe so please let us know where you are currently based. This will help us escalate your information to the right people.

- What's the model of your phone? You can check this at Apps > Settings > About Device > Model number 

- Screenshot your software information - Apps > Settings > About Device > Software information 

- Send us an example of the selfie you are not happy with

The basics: The phone healthcheck 

We always recommend that you are on the latest versions of your software and apps, as they are constantly being developed and improved to bring increased stability and security as well as new features. Please do this by Restart > Check you are on the latest software version > Check you are on the latest app version > Check your apps are up to date - Play Store > Hamburger Menu > My apps and games > Update All 

- Take a photo: Does this improve the picture quality? 

Checking your camera

Wipe the lens of your selfie camera with a lint-free cloth. Dust can distort the image quality of your pictures.  

Take a photo: Does this improve the picture quality? 

Let's make sure that there is no corrupt data in your app that is causing the issue. Apps > Settings > Apps/Application Manager > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear data 

Let's check the impact of third party applications. Launch your device in Safe Mode - do this by switching your phone off then while pressing and holding the Volume down button turn your device on with the power button.

Send us an Error Report through Samsung Members 

If Samsung Members is available in your country, please use it to submit an error report to our experts after taking a blurry photo. This will give them more information on how your phone is performing. You can do this by Apps > Samsung Members > Hamburger Menu > Support > Send Feedback > Error Report 

Thanks for your feedback and co-operation, 

The Samsung Community Team. 

0 Likes
varshabi
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Dear  SachikoT

Thanks for your reply

This steps are done many times by all of this people.

Please take an A5 2017 or A7 2017 phone, hold it as far as you can on your hand, or put it on monopod. Now take a selfie of yourself and then zoom it. is it blurry? I am sure that your selfie is blurry. So report this issue to samsung to realy "solve it"

thanks

SachikoT
Community Manager
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for getting back to us about this, @varshabi

We understand that you have taken troubleshooting steps previously but ask you to re-do these in the order presented as it helps us understand your situation and provides information on potential causes of the behaviours you are reporting. 

We have tested an A5 (2017) here, which is working to specification. As we do not range the A7 (2017) in the UK, we have not been able to test this model. There are regional variations in the hardware and software so it would be really valuable to know what country you are based in, what specific model you are experiencing this on and your software information.

Software is specifically designed for each model and localised to each market. Even in a single country, there will be multiple iterations of the software for the same model to provide customisation for the different carriers which will all go through independent quality assessments.

It would also help our experts understand this if you are able to share example photos from your front facing cameras along with error reports submitted through Samsung Members.

Thank you, 

Sachiko from The Samsung Community Team. 

0 Likes