Support

Open search

a5 2017 fingerprint error

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Just bought a5 2017, tried fingerprint unlock, and after 3-4times it just stopped working.

When i dial *#0*# it says fingerprint initializing fail. Home button is clean, not damaged. what else should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Check in the phones settings to see if anything had registered at all in the fingerprint scanner settings. 

If so then delete and start again. 

If not first soft reboot the phone by turning the device Off and On and try again. 

If no joy then try turning the device Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the devices system file system clear the cache. 

If no joy back up and factory reset. 

If all that does not help then due to the length of time youve owned the phone you should be able to ask for it swapping out. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone Owner.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G _256Gb >_ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Check in the phones settings to see if anything had registered at all in the fingerprint scanner settings. 

If so then delete and start again. 

If not first soft reboot the phone by turning the device Off and On and try again. 

If no joy then try turning the device Off and then via a set series of button pressess that takes you into the devices system file system clear the cache. 

If no joy back up and factory reset. 

If all that does not help then due to the length of time youve owned the phone you should be able to ask for it swapping out. 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung Phone Owner.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G _256Gb >_ Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

View solution in original post

Top Liked Authors