Original topic:

A5 2016 spontaneous restart and password locked

(Topic created on: 09-07-2017 08:42 AM)
bongol
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Hello

My A5 2016 spontaneously rebooted when playing music via bluetooth. The telephone no longer accepts my password so I am locked out. It is still connected to wifi and I can receive calls and nothing is accepted, but I cannot access the phone. I have tried at least 20 different passwords, but nothing is accepted.

Earlier during the day the telephone became very hot while using Waze for some hours, but the phone had returned to normal temperature.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bongol
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for your rapid solution.

My problem has been solved. I was not able to restart the telephone because the phone asked for the password when I tried to restart it. From the User Manual I found that it was possible to force a restart by pressing Power and Volume Down for > 7 seconds. After restart, my oringal password was valid again and I have been able to access the phone as normal, without loss of data.

Cheers bongol

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi,

If your not able to reset any Passwords then you may need to visit your most local Samsung Service Location. They'll be able to reset the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb.
Samsung Gear s³ Frontier Watch.
Samsung Galaxy Watch⁴ Classic.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I have no affiliation with Samsung.

0 Likes
Solution
bongol
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Thanks for your rapid solution.

My problem has been solved. I was not able to restart the telephone because the phone asked for the password when I tried to restart it. From the User Manual I found that it was possible to force a restart by pressing Power and Volume Down for > 7 seconds. After restart, my oringal password was valid again and I have been able to access the phone as normal, without loss of data.

Cheers bongol

0 Likes