Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

512gb sd card in Galaxy S8?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 10:31 PM)
martyp
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I still have my much loved Galaxy S8 and it has a 256GB micro sd card in it.

I know officially that's the biggest size that would work or be supported but considered that may have just been the biggest size available to test at the time the phone came out.

Theory might suggest that as the format of a 512gb is much the same it's a capacity difference and that it would work?

I just don't want to buy a 512gb card if it has definitely been tried and confirmed that it definitely wouldn't work.

Does anyone know or has tried it?

7 REPLIES 7
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
Hi the answer to your question is no. I had an s8 and it does not support this amount of storage due to it's battery failing due to capacity. Therefor do not try to put the phone outside of its limits. It isn't safe.
0 Likes
martyp
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Thomasalive07, sorry only just saw your reply. Best not to risk it as my battery is probably very poor now and my phone is literally falling apart too - the power button has now fallen out as well.
0 Likes
Thomasalive07
Navigator
Options
Glue is a wonderful thing
0 Likes
martyp
Journeyman
Options

Yep 😀 no idea where it fell out so have had to use a pin or something if the battery ever dies.

0 Likes
twinky1975
First Poster
Options
It does work fine I've had a 512gb one in mine for over a year and no problem
martyp
Journeyman
Options
Thanks twinky1975, out of interest do you remember what the model of card is?
0 Likes
martyp
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20230406-194902_My Files.jpg

 purchased a Samsung Evo Plus 512GB card and replaced my Samsung Evo Plus 256GB. All seems to be working great so far. The phone accepted it straight away and it was usable within seconds. Recorded ultra 4k video fine to it and the read and write speeds are faster.

0 Likes