Support

Open search

4G data not working on Gatwick airport.

Highlighted
Explorer

I currently work on Gatwick airport , as ground crew,  I can't use my 4G data.  I have signal but no internet. Anyone knows what can be the problem? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Hi @Luis34

What phone do you have? Were you previously able to access your mobile data in that location? Have you contacted your network to enquire about any signal restrictions in that area?
Highlighted
I have an S8 . I'm gonna ask EE, to see if they have any answer.
Highlighted
In the meantime, please check the following setting on the device to ensure that Mobile Data is enabled to connect to the strongest available signal: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > LTE /3G/2G (auto connect). I'd also check whether Flight Mode is disabled in the Connection settings as this prevents network activity. Finally, if you have a Mobile Data tariff, check 'Data Usage' to ensure you have sufficient data to use online services.

Highlighted
Hi there. I have everything set up. I already used my data on the airport but know I can't. I have signal but can't use it.
Highlighted
It may be beneficial to perform a Soft Reset to address any software problems. To do this please press the Volume Down and Power buttons for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. When you swipe down from the top of the screen to the bottom and select Mobile Data from the quick settings menu, does it acknowledge the connection in the notification bar at the top of the screen? If so, what happens when you try to access internet dependent features on the phone such as the Google Play Store or your Internet browser?
Highlighted
The 4G signal appears on the top, like normal, but then I try and use the internet like playstore or Google Chrome and it says that I'm offline. And I still have data to spent.
Highlighted
Can you make sure that WiFi is not active as this may be interfering with your ability to connect to Mobile Data. When you have the chance please attempt to connect to Mobile Data outside Gatwick airport to see if the problem persists. If not then it suggests that there are signal restrictions at Gatwick, though you may wish to contact EE to gain further clarity.
Highlighted

Thank u. I have friends that work on the airport with S8 and Note8, on a different network and they don't have any problem. I'm speaking to EE see if they can trace use issue. Thanks again. 

Highlighted

No problem, I hope you're able to get it sorted. To give you a better idea of where the issue is stemming from you can ask your friend to swap SIMs with you temporarily. If he is able to connect via Mobile Data on your device, or if you re unable to connect on theirs, then this would suggest that it is a network issue (or vice versa). For further support you can contact the Samsung helpdesk on 0330 726 7864 or visit your nearest authorised Support Centre by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code.

Top Liked Authors