Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2 Step Verification Nightmare and Poor customer service

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 09:57 PM)
Jobo20
Apprentice
Options
Hi Everyone.  I desperately need help and can't get anyone to help me. My husband smashed his phone a couple of weeks ago so purchased a new one. Upon set up it asked for him to sign into his samsung account.  we got as far as the 2 step verification and noticed the number it gave was VERY old and no longer had that sim card. We contacted "Customer Support" to be told the only way to change the number was ti give the IMEI number for a previous phone that has signed into this account.  We did that and was told that the only phone that is on the system was a S3!!!!  from 2012 and the only way to change the number is by finding the S3 and confirming the IMEI number. this is physically impossible as its nearly 10 years ago since we had that phone.   So instead of being helped we were told "just forget about your account and start a new one".   now, we have had this account for 10+ years so we don't want to just forget it and start a new one.  it has all our details on it, pictures, personal info etc.  Is there anyone out there that can help us?  please?  we really don't know what we can do to simply get the 2 step verification number changed ☹
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try accessing that Samsung account on a laptop. Go into Samsung cloud, then backup that data locally onto the laptop. Then, make a new Samsung account on the phone and using smart switch on the laptop/phone, move the locally backed up data on the laptop to the new phone with the new Samsung account. OR instead of moving it to the new phone, just move it to the new Samsung account which will have its empty new Samsung cloud that you can put all your old photos, videos, etc.. :smiling-face:

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try accessing that Samsung account on a laptop. Go into Samsung cloud, then backup that data locally onto the laptop. Then, make a new Samsung account on the phone and using smart switch on the laptop/phone, move the locally backed up data on the laptop to the new phone with the new Samsung account. OR instead of moving it to the new phone, just move it to the new Samsung account which will have its empty new Samsung cloud that you can put all your old photos, videos, etc.. :smiling-face:
Jobo20
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I will try that. Thanks
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
No problem! Can you please click the 3 dots on my post and select 'accept solution'. Thank you :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Jobo20
Apprentice
Options
done. thanks again
0 Likes
Click34
Explorer
Options

BE AWARE! Don't expect to get accessories that you order from Samsung!

Samsung are letting people order items that are showing as "in stock" and letting customers pay for them. They are then sending emails to say the items are delayed, even though they are showing as in stock!

My last order I placed, the day before delivery, the order was updated as "delayed."
Six weeks later and several delays and I still did not receive my order and had to cancel the order.

I then had a stock alert to say that chargers had come into stock and cables, so I thought "I will order these items."
I order the items, all showing as "in stock" and available. I ordered the items and was given a delivery slot of the 28th April, 2022 and I placed the order.

This morning I got a message for the new order saying the new order is now delayed until the 12th May, 2022.

Samsung are intentionally misleading customers into believing that items are in stock, allowing customers to order items that they know 'ARE NOT IN STOCK.'

Samsung, you are misleading customers and also using false advertising, advertising items as "in stock" when infact they are "out of stock."

I have just waited over six weeks for essential accessories and been let down. Now you again let me down on the new order.

0 Likes