Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp calls stop video playback in all browsers

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 02:06 AM)
Griffith Black
Apprentice
Options

I have cleared the cache, factory reset the phone... I have used multiple browsers (Samsung Internet, Google, Duck Duck Go) all downloaded from the play store. When I am in a call on WhatsApp I simply cannot watch any videos. After hanging up everything works as normal. I'm guessing there is a glitch in the call permissions stopping all video playback. When trying to start a video during a call, the video will load, I click play, the video jumps 1 frame. if I do this consecutively there is a split second of audio too. Always stopping never playing the video. WhatsApp is surely the culprit. 

23 REPLIES 23
seb61
Student
Options

Still having this exact issue too ( even the part with the long distance gf xd )

0 Likes
A4hero95
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue since few months ago, anybody from samsung can assist us on this?

0 Likes
A4hero95
First Poster
Options

Please help us! I'm tired of not being able to watch netflix during calls, it was fine before but why it happens?

0 Likes
RashRasha
First Poster
Options

I totally agree with you. I have the same situation as yours, and I have always had the possibility to watch Netflix and any other videos on any site while on a Whatsapp video call with my husband who also lives far away and we spend so much time together in Whatsapp calls because it's the most convenient. This was possible on my previous Android phones, but since I have switched to Samsung, this functionality doesn not exist anymore, while I cannot watch any videos on my phone while in whatsapp call with him, he still can easily open any video and watch it while I am on the phone with him because he doesn't have a Samsung. It is really frustrating, I feel you because we also like to spend our days together even if we are not actually talking to each other, but at least we feel close. We used to also watch a Netflix movie together while in the Whatsapp video call, and we can enjoy and comment on it, we would hear each other perfectly and the movie too. Now, with Samsung, any other sound that goes off around me, I could no longer hear him if he spoke. It's so annoying although I like Samsung and their options and functionalities but I was surprised that other Android phones can do much more. 

0 Likes