Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp calls stop video playback in all browsers

(Topic created on: 25-10-2022 02:06 AM)
Griffith Black
Apprentice
Options

I have cleared the cache, factory reset the phone... I have used multiple browsers (Samsung Internet, Google, Duck Duck Go) all downloaded from the play store. When I am in a call on WhatsApp I simply cannot watch any videos. After hanging up everything works as normal. I'm guessing there is a glitch in the call permissions stopping all video playback. When trying to start a video during a call, the video will load, I click play, the video jumps 1 frame. if I do this consecutively there is a split second of audio too. Always stopping never playing the video. WhatsApp is surely the culprit. 

23 REPLIES 23
Griffith Black
Apprentice
Options

Update: Its still not fixed.. switching to iPhone14 for Christmas Yay!. Had enough of this type of little stuff.

0 Likes
Gita Z
First Poster
Options

I used to watch movies on browser while video-call on whatsapp. Since 2 last update on android 12 my samsung s21+ suddenly can't do these task at the same time. 

I tried with samsung flip4 it works fine (can do both task at the same time). Even i tried on my friends phone Xiaomi with same OS (android 12) and also works fine (can do both task video call while watch videos on browser).

Now i upgraded my android to 13 the problem still exist. However, when i use whatsapp call/video call, and try to open video on browser, i muted the video and refresh the page, the video is playing. When i unmute it, the problem start again unless i mute and reload the page again.

Please fix it Samsung!!

0 Likes
Limpy
First Poster
Options

The idiocy of the first responders "intuition" can be ignored. It seems to be a new problem with whatsapp and I have switched to telegram.

sam_chering
Student
Options
I can confirm still not working
0 Likes
KITECATCHER
First Poster
Options

Bump and also update it's still not working.

0 Likes
Sammy041
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem with my A13

0 Likes
Bill Archer
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

My experience shows that this is a sneaky problem with meta applications. 

If you are in a WhatsApp call you can play videos on Instagram but on all other applications you cannot. This is sick and I don't like it.

Such cooperations as meta have no morals...

Nevertheless I think android and Samsung should find a solution for this!

0 Likes
jaysan
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys, it's working on unofficial whatsapp 😒 and old version original whatsapp, good luck
0 Likes
mfareed
First Poster
Options
Has someone been able to fix this? Please let me know.
0 Likes
seb61
Student
Options

Thought exactly the same 😂

0 Likes