Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strip visible under tha back glass, normal or not?

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 06:02 PM)
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options
Hello
I didn't notice it before as since I bought my s21 Ultra it has been in a cover, it's an Exynos Silver one, on the back starting from the top right corner there is a visible line or strip about 1.5-2mm wide and 2cm long, same color as the rest aka silver but it's visible because there is a tad of relief
Is this normal? Is it an antenna?
Or it's a bad paint job under the glass?Screenshot_20210418-200104_WhatsApp.jpg

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Up to you... I wouldn't personally, such things don't bother me.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Do you have a link to the other photo showing it om the bottom corners?

If you are talking about the round corner having a sort of relief it's on most S21 Ultras, it's indeed a paint thingy but it would be different from the stripe I am talking about

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-scratches/m-p/3043007#M15724

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Thanks

Yes these are normal and I saw them in most videos.

As for the diagonal stripe, Fiona here and someone else confirmed to have it on his silver phone on reddit. Only silver edition has it, nor black nor navy

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't think it's a defect. I think it's just the paint finish on the silver s21u.
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

Indeed

0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mines the silver S21 Ultra, I honestly don't have it or just can't see it.

I'd say its likely a residual effect of your case, as I noticed when I took mine off it had a nice distinct ring effect in the middle (which is a direct result of the ring back). Even after wiping it down I can still see a ring within the paint.
0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

I don't think it's external, it's more under the glass like a bad paint job or aluminum paper (dunno what they use), also my case doesn't have a diagonal stripe or any other design that could do it

0 Likes
Jeffiscool
Pioneer
Options

I went to both showroom and after sales of Samsung, I asked salesman and technicians about it , they said it's perfectly normal and that there was the same line in the other corners too if I reverse the phone, I indeed saw them but less easily than the upper one, they said that these are by design to reinforce the case to avoid bending. These are showing with the silver edition because it's just more shiny and transparent than the black, and that some models will have a line more apparent than another. Some people won't notice them at all also because of the light, a warm light will make them more obvious than cold

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's good news. Thanks
0 Likes