Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps rotating out of full screen

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 03:37 PM)
Cclo
Apprentice
Options
Hello,

I've recently installed the latest update for my Samsung galaxy s20 fe. I'm not sure if it's related, but since yesterday my phone seems to rotate itself out of full screen. For example, YouTube will go from full screen back to portrait mode, if I'm watching netflix then whatever I'm watching will simply switch off and go back to my watch list.

My screen also glitches every now and again in portrait mode, where the screen flashes and pauses for a millisecond. I've tried turning off auto-rotation, tried locking my screen whilst in netflix and tried switching on landscape mode in my settings and nothing has worked, so not sure if it's necessarily a rotation issue and seems to be a problem with the phone rather than the individual apps.

Has anyone else recently come across a similar problem and have any advice? 

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33
Members_eCM9wpn
Apprentice
Options

This is clearly a Samsung U.i software issue. Not caused by the U.i itself. My new phone devolved this problem after I used WhatsApp phonecall. After using other apps whilst on a  WhatsApp call which dropped out when using other apps. This screen rotation problem returned on my new note20. Never used or answered calls using WhatsApp on my new phone. But after one call the screen rotation problem occurred. 

0 Likes
Members_eCM9wpn
Apprentice
Options

This is not an app issue. This is user interface issue which Samsung has to address. I bought brand new phone because I thought it was accelerometer problem as my phone was 3 years old. New note 20 has basicaly become the same bricked phone I just recycled. So my 3 year old note 10 was not the problem. Just samsungs updates made screen rotation happen every couple of minutes. So all streaming video apps stop playing and return to menu screen. 

0 Likes
Members_eCM9wpn
Apprentice
Options

During typing of this message my screen left the box you type in and went back to Samsung page. 

0 Likes
Members_eCM9wpn
Apprentice
Options

Cant watch Netflix. Or Youtube. Please sort this samsung or my next phone.... sorry just had the screen reset again. My next phone might be a underpowered nasty iPhone. Better than a 4 month old u.i software bug that even a new device ends up with after weeks of use. 

mth27
Student
Options

I am having the same issue, I am watching you tube in full screen, then fullscreen drops, I have tu manualy click on full creen every 3 minutes to go to full screen. Same thing with google maps which are being minimized to a small window in the corner of my screen, very helpful when I am driving! Also, when I sype something it the screen kind of flashes like refreshes itself and the message I am typing is gone. Everything started to happen after the OS update. 

0 Likes
Mauricio93
First Poster
Options

Same issue

0 Likes
mth27
Student
Options

I was able to resolve my problem, I asked Samsung technician to call me, their support page has this option to request a call with their engineer. He remotely took control of my device and started wiping chache in some apps, some Google ones and I think other services. Once he did it everything got back to normal. If you don't have this option available do a backup of data and a hard reset of your device, should help.

0 Likes
Sarah50
Apprentice
Options

I've had this issue for months now.

It started as a Google chat pop up and now this. Unfortunately none of the suggestions/tech calls have worked. Is this glitch a Samsung issue? Because I'm ready to switch companies because of this. 

0 Likes
TheLittleTeaPot
First Poster
Options

I've got Galaxy S 10 5G and am having the same issue. Its been 2 months now have you been able to get a fix for it?

0 Likes
Sarah50
Apprentice
Options

Not yet

0 Likes