Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9+ massive overheating and battery drain after OTA update G965FXXUHFVB4

(Topic created on: 28-08-2022 07:38 PM)
Isaac10
Apprentice
Options

Ever since my phone installed this OTA update 3 days ago, the battery drains constantly. Under battery I see "google play services" uses a lot of background battery.  When I tried using camera it even shut down because the device overheated. I've had this phone for a long time with never an issue  until this update. There were no falls or moisture since the update. I'm sure it's not a coincidence this happened right after the update.

Things I've tried to stop the battery drain that didn't cool off the device at all:

Turn on battery saver

turn on airplane mode and no wifi

uninstall google play services updates

Turned  off sync for all items on all google accounts.

booted to recovery and cleared cache partition.

booted to recovery and "repaired apps"

Even disabled Google play services completely

Installed a new APK of google play services 22.33.13 beta (released 26 august)

Is there a way to roll back the update without doing a factory reset and spending all day logging into all my accounts/ re-downloading my apps?

Thanks.

Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
robsamui
First Poster
Options

If you're experiencing problems with overheating in your Galaxy S9 or S9+ device, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that the phone is not being used for too long.

That has to qualify as one of the most moronic answers ever published.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@robsamui: Please refrain from insulting other Community members. The advise offered isn't as far fetched as you imply, as when you use features or apps that require more power, or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily heat up due to increased battery consumption. 

0 Likes