Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 01:07 PM)
Angela96
Explorer
Options

I've had my S9 about 18 months and in the last week the battery is draining rapidly.  For example, at 6.30am it was 100% by 10:00am it was 1%.  I only use it for browsing, emails etc so not a lot.  I was advised from an android forum to 'clear cache partition'???  I did this and it has improved slightly in that I turned it on around 7.30 am this morning at 100%, its now 13:00 and it's at 10%.  It's really annoying.    Can anyone help, in sim

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Angela96
Explorer
Options

I'm having to take several screenshots to get all the apps in, so bear with me!!  The background on mine is white not black so hoping I'm giving you the right info.

Battery Usage 1.jpgBattery Usage 2.jpgBattery Usage 3.jpgBattery Usage 4.jpgBattery Usage 5.jpg

0 Likes
Angela96
Explorer
Options
If you know a better way to do this, please let me know!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have Dark Mode turned on that's all @Angela96 

I notice your network signal isn't very strong so the phone could be working harder to maintain connection.

Also the Bt Virus Protect is using a large chunk of battery % 

Personally I do not choose to use such protection as they tend to be a massive resources hog.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Angela96
Explorer
Options
Ok thanks I'll take a look at that. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Angela96 

Hi again,  did you ever try to start your device in safe mode to check if battery is better  ?

As @BandOfBrothers says, your anti-virus seems to be the problem but we only see it for one minute of usage,  show us the background usage please

Just for fun, I want to show you the battery usage of my anti-virus in a full day usageCheck Avast battery usageCheck Avast battery usage

As exemple,  if I want to disable (force stop) mine, I have to click and hold the icon application  and click after on app info

From there, you can force stop the  application or uninstall it.

We can see than your anti-virus use 45 % of the battery in a minute but we need to see  background  usage after hours of normal use of your device

Screenshot_20200606-113632_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-113650_One UI Home.jpg

Screenshot_20200606-113718_Settings.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
0 Likes
rDx
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I am facing severe battery drainage issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus.

On excessive use 100% battery lasts for 2-3 hours whereas when used normally it last not more than 6-7 hours in a day.

I have tried clearing cache partitions but didn't worked.

Could you please advise. 

Regards,

rDx

0 Likes