Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra camera update

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 07:07 PM)
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
Just had the update below drop on my EE S21 Ultra. Nothing special in that I think we S21 Ultra owners are all aware that this update is out there, but the list of apps updated in it's summary is incomplete. The update takes the camera app from version 12.0.01.76 to version 12.0.01.84. I have no idea what this update entails as I have not tested the camera yet. Just wanted to let you good people out there aware of things. 👍

20 REPLIES 20
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
This blurred photos on the main camera bug is affecting more and more phones now it seems... Yours is on the main x1 lense only I presume?
0 Likes
Valencia2
First Poster
Options

Please assist my S21 Ultra screen is black

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hey @Valencia2. Is there any damage to your phone at all? Please hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for ten seconds. Your phone will then restart. Let me know how you get on with this. 

0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
If you can't reboot your device and just cannot get any life from your phone @Valencia2 I would suggest putting it on charge for 15 minutes or so. My Note 9 would sometimes give a black screen and be totally unresponsive even when I knew it had charge in it. I couldn't even reboot it. I just put it on my wireless charger for 15 minutes and when I took it off it started working again. Your phone could have a flat battery of course which is why charging it for 15 minutes or so is always a good idea.
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Tey putting it into sleep mode or a hard reset
0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I wouldn't update ANYTHING if you have an S21. I did the UI 5.1 update, my wifi chip burned out 10 days after my warranty ended, and my phone has been bricked in terms of wifi capability since. No one will help me with it~ I feel like they're doing it to force people to upgrade. I don't trust ANY of the updates now.

0 Likes
Babishko
Big Cheese
Options
There is nothing worse than having a phone develop a major problem just when it's warranty has expired @SasamiPie. My S21 Ultra second phone is now out of warranty and I would be none too pleased if it died on me now, but for someone like yourself, for whom your 21 is your daily driver, you must feel pretty crushed. I hope you do get help with your problem and get your phone back to full working order. 👍
0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

I've entirely given up on the hopes of fixing my phone and on Samsung itself as a reputable company. I will NEVER buy another Samsung product. I would rather pay $100 for a cheap phone that's NEW in WORKING ORDER than $250-$500 to repair the phone itself. Especially since it seems like the update fragged the hardware. If it did it once, it'll do it again. I SURE am NOT upgrading again after all of this. I feel like I've been scammed. I just want to cry. I'm about to open up a Class Action Lawsuit I'm so upset. All I have to do is contact these guys here: topclassactions.com 

I contacted them a few months ago and had a different class action started against a different company for an employee misclassification lawsuit, and they took the case. Signed a contract and everything. They're legit.

0 Likes
Dannyboii
Navigator
Options
Thanks. Just downloading it now. Even though i have auto updates on, nothing ever seems to automatically update, unless I'm abroad it it seems to want to eat all my data doing auto updates in the background ! 🤨
solus1
Journeyman
Options

My S21 Ultra is still dropping calls and I am using an E SIM

The last update did not change anything

0 Likes