Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 poor battery life

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 08:31 PM)
megaC
Explorer
Options
Just received my s21 on Thursday 18th March, been using it for a few days. i've not even got all my apps setup, only downloaded. And have found the battery drains fast. 
Faster than my 3.5 year old pixel 2 xl. Which is odd. That this old phone with a smaller battery and more pixels lasts longer.
Is this an issue with exynos SoC? This is my first Samsung Android phone and so far I am not impressed.

3hrs 46mins screen on time, 29% battery remaining.
I am using the phone in 60hz. Bluetooth is off, adaptive brightness for the screen. I don't have it really bright, dark mode is set. WiFi is on(I am at home most of the time), 4g and mobile data enabled(i don't have 5g calling plan), no dynamic lockscreen/wallpaper.

What are you getting on on your s21?
Can I return the phone to Samsung if I am not happy? It was bought directly from Samsung online shop.
(UK version s21, Grey, 256GB,)

Added screenshot to show latest OS update installed.
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Just to clarify which model of S21 do you have?
0 Likes
megaC
Explorer
Options
it's in my first post :). regular s21 from the UK, so pretty sure its exynos. 256GB. not plus or ultra.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In that case your battery is doing excellent. Exynos has nothing to do with higher battery drain, the chip is more efficient than the SD part this year. Your battery life is about what I'd expect from the base model S21. It can be improved by a couple tweaks like disabling nearby device scanning, using a fixed brightness and dark mode. You could also limit power usage through power saving to only use 70% CPU if you need more battery life.

In regard to returns/refunds you have 28 days for a full refund from the date you received the phone with Samsung. I'd recommend calling them to arrange the return if you wish to go this route.
megaC
Explorer
Options
I'll give it a few more days, I am already using Dark mode. Will look into device scanning. any input much appreciated 👍
Axo
Pioneer
Options
agree with you looks fine👌I got the same phone and don't get the same time haha
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your big problem are Chrome and AOD. Chrome is known to be a resource hog. Try another browser
0 Likes
megaC
Explorer
Options

thanks, i can see that its pointing at chrome, but usage as u can see its showing 30mins, and background 19mins, and i had literally 2 tabs open.
Also the AOD wasnt a problem on the pixel 2xl as a comparison, so i wont be leaving that off.

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Report the issue in the members app.

Chrome is broken as hell and Samsung are dragging their feet. The issue is with Google Webview apparently, they've asked me to get in touch with Google to let them know. -_-
0 Likes
megaC
Explorer
Options
Battery life not gotten better. I still haven't setup all my apps yet, so not got notifications for everything I would normally use from my old phone.
2 hrs 35min SOT 34% battery remaining.
I am using adaptive refresh instead, here, And also have changed the AOD schedule to only show between 7am and 2am (while previously AOD was set to show always).

What do you other owners get for SOT?

Screenshot_20210408-192816_Device care.jpg

0 Likes