Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 holepunch camera

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 03:56 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Guys, I was thinking of getting an S21, but was put off with the design of the Camera placement. Unlike the S8, in which the Camera is not on the screen, the S21's camera is a holepunch design which I don't really like :/. All it's specs and price is Fab, but it's just that camera placement, which i am not a fan of 😓. Is there any way to change the ratio of the screen so, that the holepunch camera is not sitting on top of a video I'm watching, but instead a dark black background (basically that small part of the screen with the pixels off).
19 REPLIES 19
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No they got rid of this feature in android 11. But goodlocks multistar looks to be the one that will let you hide the camera. Good lock is also a Samsung app.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
That's not YouTube and I can't really tell the difference between the two. What I'm looking for is a landscape shot of a video while watching YouTube videos. I feel the holepunch camera becomes really evident on the s21 or s20, when watching YouTube videos, which is the reason why I am asking for this 😁.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It's you tube. The screen shot of the video is in landscape. But you need to put your phone in landscape to see.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Ahh I see (again). Thank you so much for the help! I will definitely consider getting an S21, but only once my current phone (S8) becomes unstable lol.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I took some pics on my tab so you can see on the phone itself. One pinched in and one pinched out to full screen. Hides the punch hole well. Hope this helps.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
And this is without using good locks multistar.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Thank you so much for the help Fiona! I really like how you've gone in depth and gave me exactly what I need 😊.

P.S. I also watch HowToMen android videos 😋
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Your welcome, I should have got my tablet to take the pics in the first place. 😂
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If it bothers you so much, I'd suggest skipping the S21 and check back with the S22 to see if they finally implement the under display camera. Personally I haven't any issue with it using YouTube in landscape as most videos don't fill the screen to overlap it unless of course you full screen stretch it. That however has its own set of problems as you crop out a lot of the top and bottom parts of the video.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
True, I was thinking of that issue when fully stretching a video. I'm thinking if my S8 becomes unstable, I'll get the S21, but if not, I'll wait to see if the S22 will be good 😀.
0 Likes