Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE battery drain

(Topic created on: 24-06-2022 10:59 PM)
Members_EOUGeDg
Apprentice
Options

I got my s21 FE 1 week ago. I have never had a phone before when the battery drain as fast like the s21 fe. 

If you are lucky you get 2-3 hours screen on time. The biggest problem is that the battery draining very fast in idle. 10% in 1 hour when in not using the phone.

No matter if im connected to wifi or 4g(dont have 5g connection).

Always on display is off. Brightness on screen is low. Location services is off. I have all my apps in deep sleep mode when not using them. The only thing i do in the phone is browsing the web. No gaming, No video, No audio.  I get 7 hours screen on time with my 4 year old oneplus 6t with the same type of daily use. 

Anyone else expering bad battery time with s21 fe? 

50 REPLIES 50
S21fe1
First Poster
Options

I have installed accubattery app to see what is using up the battery in the background and what I have noticed is that samsung one UI app is running in the background and it is consuming 1.5% per hour for me atleast. See these accubattery stats to understand what is going on.

Screenshot_20220521-120114_AccuBattery.jpgI have practiced all the normal battery conserving tips. I have not used battery saver for this.

I have noticed the issue but how do I solve it?

0 Likes
hamzo538291
Journeyman
Options

Battery life in this phone is simply pathethic. 1h SOT and i have 45%, i see it everyday. I was reading about poor battery performance but this is on a completly different level. Shame Samsung. Do your job and fix it.

I miss my Huawei...

S21fe1
First Poster
Options

I have found a 'fix'. Since the one UI home app is causing a lot of battery drain, i changed the default launcher to Hyperion launcher . The idle battery drain is somewhat better and I am able to get an idle battery drain of about 0.7%/h which I know isn't a lot but it seems to better. 

My battery life has improved from 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs because of this 

0 Likes
Kelvin_Somba
Student
Options

Make use of Bixby Routines. Check youtube on how to. Getting between 6 - 9 hrs SOT depending. 

JazzUK777
First Poster
Options

You can turn off WiFi calling in Quick Settings. I'm still having poor battery life though. Replaced my Honor 20 Pro and despite a larger battery ~500mah, and turning off wifi, 5G and using 60hz refresh, dark mode and battery saver, still noticeably much worse battery life

0 Likes
Members_5anZM7g
First Poster
Options

I had huawei old p30pro and sell to buy this one e regret doing that my 3 old phone is better that this shitty samsung bad choice I made!

hamzo538291
Journeyman
Options

Same here and I miss my p30 pro everyday when I compare it with s21 fe

0 Likes
hamzo538291
Journeyman
Options

Regarding Bixby routines: Why would I do that? If i buy a device i expect it to work correctly out of the box 

0 Likes
Anwar4
First Poster
Options

Same issue got phone 5 days the battery drains quick while being idle can't evens watch don't evens do much u have 2 charge 2 times a day have not seen anything like this I'm returning device very unhappy

Suraj98
Student
Options

Hi all, i had the same issue with newly bought s21FE., Very recently had I realised that Bixby wake word detection is ON. I guess this is the major drainer of the battery during sleep. To my surprise, 'hey bixby' is working even when the screen's turned off.